DEA's grow journal

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by DEA, Jul 13, 2011.

1. I just started this seedling from a bagseed, its been germinated using paper towel method. I had a little growing kit that came with soil and a little pot so I put the seed in there and today it popped out the soil!

I had it at the window, I cant put it outside yet for security reasons.

I took an old PC put some foil around the walls and grabbed a bulb I had laying around 14 WATT 2700k CFL.

Will it survive? I just need it there for a week or two then it will be outside in the ground.Probably with soil if I can get enough. Im broke. [​IMG]

PLEASE ANY ADVICE WILL BE APPRECIATED. [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. It should.

3. Oh and lower the light to around 2-3" above the plant

4. Thanks for reply i will do so now.

5. one week isn't long enough for ANYONE to identify it as a marijuana plant

6. You think I don't know that? I can tell a seedling just by looking at it. Also thats NOT the reason.

7. You should honestly take the foil out of there, it is doing more bad then good for your plants. The foil reflects heat, which will raise your temps a nice bit, and creates hotspots which can fry your seedling. If your going to coat the walls of your grow box with a reflective material, then make sure too use mylar or flat white paint.

8. #8 hchris420, Jul 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2011
    thats going to be fine, take out the tin foil , and put the bulb side ways 2in away. if it was me i would get a y splitter with two bulbs grow it as big as possible inside that box and then transplant it out side, just my opinion
    and your name caught my attention

9. Thank you for the advice, I took out most of the tin foil, I only left a little where the light leaks out in the back of the pc.

10. thanks for the info i took out the foil. Also what is a y Splitter ? im new to inside growing. What should i put the schedule? I got a timer going from 6 pm to 12pm next day, thats 18/6. or should i do 24? Dea grows lol

also here is a 10 hour update from last nite.

Attached Files:

11. The seedling is lookin good!
    To answer your question, this is a Y splitter [​IMG]
    It allows you too use 2 bulbs on just 1 light socket.
    As for lighting you can do 24/0 or 18/6, both work fine for seedlings and vegetative plants.

12. a y splitter is a light fixture that is shaped like -<
    the < part holds two lights, as apposed to a single light fixture that would look like --

13. Honestly, your more protected in your own house than you are traveling to and from your grow area outdoors.

14. Well i just tipped over the plant like a dumbass? will that shock it?? also i got a timer today and i set it to 18/6

15. Nah, i tip plants over all the time, itll be fine.

16. yea but if he/she wants to flower in that box he/she ganna have to do a lot of lst to get a good yield and that would be a hassle, so he would be better off putting that outside were it coukd grow 4x as big in that pc, and you really dont know were his.her spot is, it could be there backyard for all we know, which is pretty safe , (but its not always the case)