dear gc, stop buying water bottles.

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by treechef, Aug 7, 2011.

1. Ah well I'm not too worried about that... I don't consider dying from drinking from water bottles a huge threat. But for the last week or so I've been using this big cup that I bought for protein shakes. I only use it at home because it's a bit too big to be carrying around everywhere.

2. Anthropogenic Global Warming

[​IMG]

Al Gore and the other drones are just using "global warming" for profit

3. Didn't read all the post but it would be a little crazy to stop using bottled water all together.. get a damn filter and get a Thermos or something to put water in and just cut back on the plastic water.

If everyone cut back it would make a difference. Too bad yall didn't live in MN we got some bomb ass tap water. Plus Lake Superior.

4. Ive been using the same nalgene bottle for years:p

5. It is very likely that I would. It depends why everyone is jumping.

If everyone is jumping off the bridge, the danger on the bridge is probably greater than the danger below the bridge.

What now?!?! :p

6. I live in a city where my tap is one of the cleanest in the country. Needless to say, I don't buy bottled water. ujelly internet?

7. Lucky bastard, if I drink tap water I practically get hard water deposits on my dick when I take a leak.

Alright, it's not quite that bad when the tap water goes through the fridge filter...

8. I had a bad experience from my fridge filter once. It was depositing all sorts of shit into the water... I don't use that thing anymore! Pure tap for me.

9. drink beer.

10. I agree I'm not all that worried about death by water bottle ethier:p, I just wanted to let you be aware. :)

11. i wish we can return to the days where we drank from the river :(
    [​IMG]

12. [​IMG]

13. Oh snaps~. You got me good:)

14. How is saving you money on buying bottled water by cleaning our water system going to make a profit?:laughing: Are you saying if we do hire people to actually clean the water system, that those people are going to make a profit? I rather the people that are cleaning our water system make a living then the bottle water companies make an outrageous amount of money selling water while poisoning our natural water supply.

15. I got a fat ass bottle that was originally used for gatorade. I now use it to fill with water.

^ Same concept as a canteen.

16. Reusing plastic bottles can be hazardous to your health

"Reused Plastic Bottles Can Leach Toxic Chemicals
    The same studies found that repeated re-use of such bottles-which get dinged up through normal wear and tear and while being washed-increases the chance that chemicals will leak out of the tiny cracks and crevices that develop over time. According to the Environment California Research & Policy Center, which reviewed 130 studies on the topic, BPA has been linked to breast and uterine cancer, an increased risk of miscarriage, and decreased testosterone levels.
    BPA can also wreak havoc on children's developing systems. (Parents beware: Most baby bottles and sippy cups are made with plastics containing BPA.) Most experts agree that the amount of BPA that could leach into food and drinks through normal handling is probably very small, but there are concerns about the cumulative effect of small doses.
    Even Plastic Water and Soda Bottles Should Not Be Reused
    Health advocates also recommend not reusing bottles made from plastic #1 (polyethylene terephthalate, also known as PET or PETE), including most disposable water, soda and juice bottles. According to The Green Guide, such bottles may be safe for one-time use, but re-use should be avoided because studies indicate they may leach DEHP-another probable human carcinogen-when they are in less-than-perfect condition."

Reusing Plastic Bottles - Reusing Plastic Bottles Can Pose Serious Health Hazards

It's best to buy a quality canteen to will last longer and would not cause any harm to your body.:)

17. Did you even read the link I posted? Apparently not....smh

I quote somebody making a statement about how all is lost with the planet environmentally and im saying Al Gore and his pals are making a profit of the global warming hoax. Nothing to do with bottle watered. Just replying to somebody else

18. OHhHhh~ I see I see, I was wondering why you posted something about global warming when the thread was about water bottles:laughing: My bad xD

19. I'm going to drive my suv to the grocery store on my lunch break and buy as many cases of bottled water that I can fit.

20. why?:confused: