dear gc, stop buying water bottles.

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by treechef, Aug 7, 2011.

1. ít completely depends on where you live. i think water bottles are a great way of supplying us with such an income so life important. the companies, however, use this knowledge for their own green agenda and have therefore, the very effect of the cause, overdone the whole concept. its too big.

our tap water is along the elite of water in europe so im pretty much grown into a habbit of combusting out in laughter whenever people spend money on bottled water. made my cashier time that little bit more entertaining.

in russia, on the other hand... :hide:
    lets just say my asshole was in tremendous pain from ejecting pure liquid in high speed

2. where in Europe do you live? I live in Holland by the coast so our water is filtered through the sand in the dunes, very clean.

3. #23 linnix13, Aug 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2011
    oh i know its going on, i have a 1984 buick with no catalytic converter straight pipes and half the time i run old 2 stroke marine mix, smokes like a motherfucker! the engine leaks oil on everything i idle it for 30 minutes every morning in the cold winters, just to get it all warm n shit. and in the summer when i park in on grass, it all dies!
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShTKudSjDdc]‪my "environmentally" friendly car cold start‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGnZsBUBTpc]‪Smokey start up‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

whenever i change my oil i flush it down the toilet, i drink bottled water!! i kill fucking plants and shit when im hiking,

i know its all real, i just dont give a single fuck! i will be dead anyways why the hell do i care what happens to the earth.

4. You really should recycle your motor oil

How to Recycle or Dispose of Used Oil

:)

5. same with gas too. i had over 100 liters of really old marine gas that was just to old and dirty to go in my car, i didnt want to lug all the gas tanks around my bathroom and didnt want to blow up and die so i just dumped them all on the ground in the woods

6. #26 linnix13, Aug 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2011

7. Why would recycling make you blow up and die?:confused:

8. not recycling, i would never do that, they make you pay for that shit here, gay, i meant that i didnt want to dump in excess of 100l gasoline down my toilet because the fumes would fill my bathroom and possibly catch a spark, then i would blow up and die!

9. You have to pay to recycle? :confused: Used Oil Certified Collection Centers pay you to recycle, you must have gone to the wrong place.

Search for Used Oil Certified Collection Centers

"Certified Used Oil Collection Centers will take used motor oil from the public and will pay you 40¢ a gallon. Most centers will take up to 5 gallons at a time."

10. i never looked for that stuff, at the local dump you have to pay for old gasoline and oil, and they want to keep my containers!!

11. Well next time, go to a Used Oil Certified Collection Center and get yourself some money and save the planet at the same time. You can ask them to allow you to keep your container:laughing:

12. ok well i will look, but regardless, do i really count? honestly? one person, one car, what about in china and other 3rd world countries, even some factories in the states, that put out thousands more times the crud i could put out in my life time, and all that in a week,

13. Well, if everyone was jumping off a bridge would you do it?:confused:

14. to long didnt watch. dont give a fuck about environmentalist propaganda thats in bed with corporations pretending to be anti corporation.

ill still continue to buy bottled water.

15. what are you 5? everyone would never jump off a bridge, and thats besides the point anyways

16. Okay, well if everyone was polluting, would you?:laughing:

17. if im with my friends and everyone throws there mcdonalds garbage on the ground, then yes, i would follow. but if everyone was dumping there used oil on the ground and down the toilet then i would prolly just kill myself cause the world wouldnt last long that way!

18. No such thing in my state (Michigan). I can take it to an oil change center and leave it there in the middle of the night so I don't have to deal with the people. But normally I either dump it beside my garage to kill the weeds and grass or I dump it down the storm drain.

As for buying bottled water. I do it if I want it, Normally I drink pop (soda) and at least that has a deposit for the bottles. I return them whenever. The non refundable bottles like water bottles I throw them in the trash because I use my recycle bin provided by the city for my dogs food.

19. I care about the planets health, the thing is its going to shit. at this point I feel like its a lost cause that said I dont litter or anything

20. I heard that if you refill your plastic water bottle, like your disani/aquafina, it releases harmful chemicals that aren't good for you but if your using a refillable canteen like water bottle then :love:

People choose to buy water bottles for the convenience over filling up a canteen, which is really just as easy...