Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Dealing with withdrawls, and pain when out of mmj

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by metal420ify, Feb 2, 2011.

1. I've been running out, and i don't take pills. I'm trying not to cut my plants down till the done... don't know if anyone's had that problem.... he he. I just want to know people's way of dealing with pain. (i have back pain.) And also withdraws (i use pretty heavy doses) when your out of that good old mmj. I've been going nutz!!! :mad: ha ha ha! Any help is deeply appreciated.:hello:

2. You're not going through withdrawls... you're experiencing life as a sober person! You're not irritable or experiencing insomnia because your body is going through withdraws, thats just what happens when you're not sedated by a drug 24/7.

3. I've never had any 'withdrawals' form marijuana. I mean maybe a headache, but nothing that I would consider drug withdrawals

How far along are your plants? Colorado? Can you goto a dispensary or know a friend? Thought they had tons. I vacation there once in a while and have no problems finding herb

4. Watch someone go through heroin withdrawals and then talk about marijuana "withdrawals' . You guys are being a little mello dramatic its just weed.

5. Yea dude you have no idea, opiate withdrawals are terrible:(

6. Dude...I know what you're talking about. Some people are disagreeing with the fact that it's withdrawal, but whatever it is, it sucks.

I just went the past month without smoking to pass a drug test for school. It sucked, but it gets easier as time passes. Try to keep yourself occupied...I learned to crochet during my break. =)

The insomnia never completely goes away. A lot of people find themselves having really vivid dreams when they don't smoke. Try working out, or staying busy...make yourself tired.

It sucks, but you have to stay strong. You own the weed; it doesn't own you, and you do not need this plant to get through life...it just makes it way more enjoyable. And when you are finally able to smoke again, you'll get high as a motherfuckerrrr!!

7. depending on what stage your plants are in just choose a sacrifical plant and trim trim trim tester tester tester the shit outta it until it's dead:devious: you can always grow more but damn i need the weed now!~

i just ran out yesterday

8. alcohol. just went through 10 day tbreak which doesnt seem like much but after 3 years of smokin straight dank it was depressing. no 'withdrawls' except emotionally..basically just stay active and shit...what i did when i really wanted to smoke was make firecrackers and just save them...feel 'close' to the weed w/o smoking lol

9. Yeh dude I know how you feel smoking heavily then stopping.

I get cold chills/sweat, I wont eat shit food taste gross, I wont sleep for 3-5 days.

Most of the time its just the sleeping issue.

10. take some melatonin 30 minutes before you go to sleep for the first few days after taking a break. It'll help deal with the sleep issues. Also try eating some dark chocolate and excercising, as well as some echinacea or sleepy tea.

melatonin helps regulate your sleep cycles and when you smoke your melatonin levels increase by alot, something like 2500%. So, you can supplement with some melatonin pills in order to help your body adjust.

also, chocolate contains anandamide, an endocannabinoid similar to thc, and echinacea contains a cb2 agonist. In combination they should give you at least some level of relief.

and obviously the exercise should release some endorphins which will also help with mood, pain, and sleep.

if you really try and tackle the "withdrawals", you'll realize they're nothing at all.

11. yeah, thanks. I've been working out, and i guess that's helping. I'm mostly looking for pain management, I'm out of money so i can't really just go buy some (18 bucks a gram for non patients.) But i think i got that hang of it.:wave: happy smoking to all you!

12. If you really want to quell your pain, reduce your dosage.

Cannabis isn't a linear dosage pain reliever like opiates are. More does not always equal more.

Here is a study done at UC San Diego looking at pain relief with different doses. The results were surprising as consistently, the high doses gave increased pain, where the medium doses had good pain relief.

You have a sweet spot of dosage where pain relief works best. If you can reset your tolerance, this sweet spot is usually 1-3 puffs of a high potency (20% thc) med.

Experiment with smoking as little as possible, as soon as the analgesia kicks in, stop and don't re-dose for at least 90 minutes, which is adequate time for you to metabolize the THC.

Doing this will not only keep your tolerance low, you'll go through meds slower, and you will get greater pain relief.

I've watched several heavy pain smokers reduce their dosage, smoke less, and be in less pain following these guidelines.

13. cool Lebowski (can i call you the dude?):cool: i am currently working on my tolerance level, and awaiting a sweet jar filled tomorrow, see how long i can make 3.5 grams last eh? i bet 4-5 days at my best.:smoke::smoke:The best things that i found to help where exercise, and chocolate helped with very short term relief the tea help extreamly with easing headaches(minor) and with sleeping through the whole night.:smoke: thank you very much grasscitiers!

14. If you're waiting on a harvest and it's almost done, just trim some popcorn off the bottom and quick dry it to get you through. Leave all the fat fat buds to ripen.

15. no, they are ppretty far fro hartvest. i got one that needs like 5 weeks. that's the closest.

16. :eek: 18/g holy smokes bro if I know im gonna be broke I hit up the medicine man and he has 5 gram packs for 20/25 not the best but wayy better than bieng dry.