Dealing with Thrips in Flower

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by marleyman187, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Hi -

I am about 3.5 weeks into flower and am noticing signs of a thrip infestation. No webbing or anything but they're leaving their marks on the leaves and I have seen a couple crawling on the leaves so I'm pretty confident thrips are the issue.

What is the best approach for this stage of flower? I've heard spraying neam oil (or any foliar spray) may have a negative effect on the harvest / bud taste. Is it too late to spray? What is the best approach for getting rid of them during this stage of flower?

They also seem to be mostly focused on one plant (on the left side of the tent) but the plant on the right is starting to show signs as well. Should I just remove the left plant and salvage the right plant?

Any advice would be appreciated - don't want to lose this harvest!

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Get some Dr. Bronner's Peppermint Soap! (The small bottles are about $5 at Walmart and many health food stores.) It kills bugs by stripping off their waxy coating and they die a miserable death from dehydration! :biggrin: The next day, you can remove their dead bodies and any soap residue by spraying down your plants with plain water. So, it's very safe, smells nice, and no nasty after-taste like with neem! :yay:

How to Use Dr. Bronners As Insecticidal Soap (news - 2014)
    https://www.hunker.com/12257372/how-to-use-dr-bronners-as-insecticidal-soap

Granny :wave:

• Like Like x 2