dealing with stupid fears

Discussion in 'General' started by potthesmoke, Jan 21, 2010.

1. #21 tharedhead, Jan 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2010

You just know something is going to grab you. Swimming in the swamps around here, generally a 'gator.

Live catch traps are great, I bait mine with mini snickers (break them in half). We have the endangered meadow jumping mouse (which looks more like a gerbil). You can identify them because they are all carrying half a mini snickers.

2. "Always do what you are afraid to do." -Ralph Waldo Emeron

3. lol did he look like this

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tGSAGDvu4s&feature=related]YouTube - Urban Monkeys - Dance Baby (Dopamine Remix)[/ame]

4. too late man... Time of Death: 07hrs 30minutes.

yeah i kept thinking something was gonna drag me down to the bottom. yeah a gator, or a swamp thang...

wait snickers? cus of the chocolate or the peanuts?

yes i did it!
    freakin thing woke me up this morning, it was caught on a glue trap and wouldnt stfu about it so i went in with the broomstick and broke its neck. it was still hard though you have no idea how jumpy that thing made me, still am.

5. The peanuts. These mice can eat some peanuts.

It was nice of you to bludgeon the little guy to death instead of letting him die of thirst. I hope they do that for me in the nursing home someday:p (When Richard Nixon is President For Life...)

6. #26 Man Plus Eyes, Jan 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2010
    Get some heavy boots, wear them all the time, and if you see it,
    go gears of war on it's tiny mouse ass.

BTW that is an awesome reason to get a cat. I hate cats, but quite like kittens.
    When the kitten evolves, you'll still have your stompy boots...

EDIT:
    this is actually good advice. I used to be deadly afraid of spiders, and catching them, taking them far away and then getting rid of them helped me massively.

You might find it easier, and the boots thing was possibly the worst thing I've ever typed. I'm going to leave the internet now, for shame.

7. ^^haha thats some futurama shit. i'll try peanuts as bait if i get more mice^^

btw how do i know it was the only one, it looked like a young adult, about 2.5 inches long + tail.

8. Where there is one there will be more.

I once caught and "Relocated in the East" 24 mice in one day. This is a big house, but still...that is a lot of mouse biomass!

9. holy shit man that's hellof.
    well this is a tiny apartment so hopefully there aren't 24 mice i'll get more glue traps and a cat.

10. What! :eek: The only major difference in your comparison is that its a chipmunk/mouse, not a human being. Which is a pretty big difference to me.

11. I have a similar story. A few years ago my house was infested with crickets. God...dozens and dozens in the house at a single time. I developed a huge fucking fear of these little shits, because I would wake up to them crawling on the ceiling above my bed. Now everytime I see one...I trip the fuck out. I once slept in the car because I didn't want them crawling on me at night. :hello:

12. Mice eat crickets. You guys could work out a swap...

13. i cant take heights. idk why but everytime i get close to an edge its like woooahh. step back.

14. i have a huge fear of heights as well.. and thus i have a fear of bridges. so it kinda sucks living on Long Island lol.

15. Cheese, and a .22 air rifle.

16. Just try get in the mindset that it's just a little animal, It isn't in your apartment to hurt you or scare you, hell it doesn't even know what you are, it's just a little furry animal living it's little mouse life, try get a hold of it.. walk outside to a suitable location and let it run free, and enjoy it's life of cheese =)

17. UPDATE: after putting that mouse out of its misery, i found rat feces. so im guessing i killed a female mouse and the rat came in as soon as i did to eat its young mice...anywho i got myself a cat hopefully he catches the rat.

18. Lives...lives....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaVZmo8CsGQ"]YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.[/ame]

19. This is why BBGuns were invented. They're not kawaii litttle bunny rabbits you are shooting, they're disease carrying flee bitten rats. It can get a little messy and there might be some collateral damage, but this is the most satisfying method I can think of....