Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Dealing with Paranoia while High.

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Vein2k14, Dec 30, 2014.

1. Sup everyone.  I used to blaze everyday back in the 90's, shit was always good, then one day I smoked weed that gave me panic attacks.  After quitting for a year or so, I met a friend and he hinted he had weed that helps with anxiety,  Well, I tried it back then and I got hooked again, no problems, then ran into weed that caused panic attacks again and paranoia. 

Fast forward almost a decade, sober since then and youtube vids get me curious again to smoke.  Smoked with a friend,  was feeling like I needed to be alone, so I drove even though I didn't want to, and when I got home all was fine.  Started to enjoy the last of the euphoric high.  Then I contact another friend asking for a hookup, and he passes down a half gram of some shit that fucking reaks even tho inside a ziploc.  I get home, smoke 3 big rips on my glass pipe and I literally get blazed out of my mind.  I was having a hard time focusing, heart was racing but telling myself everything is ok.  Fearing popo might cruise up if neighbors smelled it.  I do my best to cover up the smell.  Looking to buy the smoke buddy next month. 

Tonight got passed down some other pretty buds, smoked that and still had a bit of paranoia, mostly hoping neighbors wont smell it.  I literally take 1-3 rips, hold it in as long as possible without coughing and then blow through my bathroom vent. 

The high is something I like when I am not worried about getting ratted on.  I keep it on the dl, never talk about it,  dont get loud, etc.  BTW, if you havent figured it out,  my state is a red state.  No medi, no decrim, no legal status.  So its still a misdemeanor and jail time.  So I have to be careful.  Wished it was different, but moving to CO/WA aint happening anytime soon. 

Anyways, anything you guys do particularly to occupy your mind, keep yourself sidetracked and just keep your paranoia down.  The euphoria is amazing, it helps the pain, and even helps the anxiety, even tho sometimes certain strains mess me up. 

Whats your take on the being alone thing?  It was a good atmosphere,  but I just felt myself wanting to get out and into my own zone.  Was weird. 

I know going straight into medi grade weed probably didnt help with my new beginning.  I tell ya, I dont remember getting this high back in the day.  But I was also surrounded by a bunch of friends.  Nowdays, not so much. 

Anyways, Im high right now, read about 8 pages worth of discussions in this category here on the forum.  Always interesting to see what people talk about in regards to weed. 

Have a great day. 

2. I had a paranoia attack earlier this year in downtown L.A. But i knew it was the weed. So I just laughed it off as best i could. Paranoia ruins the high.

I had just smoked some caviar and i was sitten at a bus stop in broad daylight in july and i thought i was gonna get jumped right there on the bus stop in front of everyone lol. I had to laugh it off cause i knew it was the weed doing that.

3. lol, yeah I havent even gone out in the public yet while high.  Probably best I stay home. 

Gonna have to find a good strain that doesn't fuck me up to bad where I start trippin. 

Thanks for the reply. 

4. Try indica. Whenever I get too much of a head high, I tend to overthink myself into anxiety. Also, if you have any issues in your life that need taken care of, do it. You don't want worries piling up on you while you're faded.

5. Indica fan here

6. #6 SlightlyStonedSD, Dec 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2014
    So what happens if your neighbor smells it? Does the PD kick your door down?

Like Talon said, you probably have to work on some non weed-related issues with your anxiety. Meditation helps a lot of people.

But as far as the weed goes. Stick to indica if possible but that's hard in a prohibition state. I use a vaporizer that doesn't leave a weed smell [and also allows temperature control which gives you more control over how you feel], maybe that will help.

good luck

7. Red state don't mean a thang. I live in Idaho and never been busted despite smoking in blatantly obvious locations. Dealing with paranoia? Just try to stay aware of the surroundings, have a friend, or just enjoy the scenery.

8. Its like OSS was talking about. Just gotta realize and take to heart 99% of your worries are bs

9. Write down on a piece of paper before smoking and look at it whenever you're paranoid:

"Stoned me, it's sober me. Chill out. It's just the weed fucking with you.

Love, Sober You"

Or whatever variation helps you. I just tell myself out loud that it's just the weed and not for real, and it usually helps.

10. after writing that I quickly went for a smoke walk with a joint after a t break, halfway through I saw I Lincoln town car thought cop and threw the j in a Strom drain lol

11. I've turned a lot of non smokers with medical problems on to using cannabis. 3 big rips held in was way to much bro. I would try one wait to see how you feel then try another in a few minutes. Building a little tolerance will kill that overwhelming feeling. But either way anxiety and paranoia can definitely ruin a high quick. I have been there. And still sometimes when I get sick and can't smoke or eat edibles all day, then take a huge dab to try and feel better I can get the on set of a panic attack. What helps me is to remember that you control the energy you produce. Focus on staying positive ,sounds simple and stupid, but if you get anxious and paranoid and just let your mind sit there and focus on the potential negatives , you will just be creating more negative energy. When i first got my red card, I had been on a tolerance break for over a year... When I started consuming cannabis again it was in Denver, and the potency wrecked me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

12. I walk around with friends or by myself around my safe neighborhood and just think. Than again I never had a problem with paranoia when smoking. I find it just mellows me out.

13. Hi Everyone,  Just want to thank you all for the replies.  The original post was an attempt to try and help me overcome the issue, but I just couldn't kick the fear.  I give props to all of you that live in Red States and can live worry free.  For myself, my circumstances just would have been devastating if I was to get busted by the popo.  I stressed alot,  saw a cop parked near my apartment, and has catastrophic thinking the whole time.  Even when sober. 

Hate to say it, but today I gave my stash (blue dream and 2 other strains) to a friend I knew could use it and basically made the decision to go legit till I either go to CO or when my state becomes legal or medical.  I have high hopes that things will change in the future.  CO has shown great success with legalization and i feel it would be a shame for other states to not follow along.  The Income generated alone would help our State to improve roads, etc.  Seeing the government change their mind on Medical Marijuana patients and dispensaries was huge and hopefully a sign of things to come for legalization. 

I know alot of you may think I over stressed my situation, but I feel better about my decision.  I experimented with the Medical grade and although I did fully enjoy the effects, I just couldn't get past the thought if it being still illegal and risking jail time.  A guy my age just doesn't want to have any legal issues.  Hell, for all I know, Cops probably don't care about personal use.  But I had to go with my gut feeling.  And I feel good that I did. 

Eventually I plan to take a trip to CO and plan to take tours and enjoy all the 420 friendly restaurants, hotels and dispensaries.  I know I would have a good time there and even have a friend that wants to take the trip with me.  I honestly can't wait, and am not worried one bit about buying a lot.  Because in the end,  one rip of a small glass pipe got me major fucked up.  So tolerance is really low, so won't need to smoke like I did back in the 90's. 

Anyways, I might document my trip to CO and if I do, I'll share it with you guys. 

Thanks again for all the tips and advice.  This is truly a great forum of people. 

I'll still be around. 

Peace.....

14. I don't know you but it sounds like you may have a bit of paranoia to begin with and smoking weed is only increasing the effect of your paranoia. You mentioned cops a couple of times already which I can see is a big concern for you. Just don't think about cops until you actually have to deal with them. You're smoking within your own home so nobody should really be smelling it and if they did they probably wouldn't be able to tell where it's coming from.  I would suggest vaping as it is a much more mellow high and the smell is dramatically decreased as compared to ripping a bong or smoking doobs. 

15. It does suck if you're in a red state. I just don't think the OP can really justify breaking the law in his state. It would be foolish to try to push the issue when the only real solution for the OP is to move to a legal or medical state. Unfortunately if you've never been in a deep red state you just don't know what it's like.

I won't assume but from my time in South Carolina, where the phrase po-po is still in common use, mostly by the minority youth. If the OP is a person of color in a red state, there's just no going about it, the paranoia comes from a very legitimate fear of being specifically targetted by cops. And with civil assett forfeiture at all time highs for red states to lavishly fund their police departments, even a single burned out roach is enough to get all your property taken from you. No joke.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2014/11/10/363102433/police-can-seize-and-sell-assets-even-when-the-owner-broke-no-law