Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Dealing with my parents...

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by FlowerInTheSun, Dec 24, 2010.

1. So...I've been caught 3 times in the past 2 months. The first two times were purely a result of my stupidity. The most recent happened two days ago because of a random drug test.

I have a really wierd relationship with my parents....like we're really close...but it seems kind of fake. Anyway, as expected my parents are EXTREMELY disapointed with me. I don't handle disapointment well. It is because of this that I've always taken on the role of the doormat and done whatever they tell me to do. (Execpt the obvious). However, I feel that it is the right time for me to start standing up for myself.

So, in other words, what I'm asking is: should I do whatever I want, or should I wait a few months and sneak around once more?

2. Man thats a tough situation. I dont want to give you the wrong advice and mess something up with your relationship with your parents. SOrry

3. you werent suppose to get caught even once. You wont beable to exstinguish their suspision now no matter how ninja you sneak around. So i guess the only option left is to kill them

4. The mans got a point.
    I suggest an axe.

5. I'd say its time for discussion not ultimatum,

you'l see these same questions on any thread like this

1, do you respect your parents? If yes then respect there wishes
    2, are they paying for your food/school/car/clothes? if yes respect their wishes
    3, are you paying rent? if no then respect their wishes, if yes move the hell out and pay rent elsewhere
    4, are you familiar with baseball? three strikes and your out kiddo.

6. Sit them down and have a nice well-educated discussion about the effects of marijuana,why you use it,its pros/cons,and anything else you can use to butter them up. Tell them to go watch The Union,and if they were hippies in the 70s or something,and are giving you a hard time,tell them "WELL YOU DID ACID!" :D

7. Thanks for replies :)

@Zef
    1. I've always respected my parents. I've always, always done what they want me to do. I'm tired of shoving my life to the side to please them.
    2. They only provisions they are currently making are food/shelter.
    3. No, I'm not paying any rent
    4. Unfortunately, yes...
    ^So...in other words, you're suggesting I give up smoking untill I am able to move out?

Once again, thankyou

8. Tell em weed saved you from heroin. That will show them.

9. In all honesty, just don't smoke under there roof or keep anything related to weed in there house if they don't allow it.

10. Thanks for the reply...the second time I was caught I tried to talk to them about the pros and cons; however, they wanted nothing to do with the conversation. My parents agree with me when I say that weed should be legal...but while it is illegal they do not want me to partake.

They were definently not hippies haha I wish though :D

11. #11 Zef, Dec 24, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2010
    I'm not suggesting, twas just food for thought.

I always smoked when I lived under my parents roof, I never got caught by them and they never tried to catch me, we lived on a perfect don't ask don't tell basis.

but I suppose if they did catch me and it became an issue I would of stopped due to the massive amounts of support they where providing me.

but like the top of my post said, I think your best option is a nice calm discussion not some heated ultimatum there you yell at them that you are going to smoke weed and there is nothing they can do to stop you.

are they open to talk about it (not weather you can smoke but the topic in general) or would it be like talking to a wall?

12. you could always quote good ole MLK

"One has not only a legal but a moral responsibility to obey just laws. Conversely, one has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws"

13. @Zef

Before I was ever caught, my dad and I used to openly discuss weed and why it should be legal. Now that they know I smoke, they refuse to have any part of any conversation concerning weed.

I was thinking about writing down what I want to say in a letter (not an angry one) because I'm much better at writing than I am at talking. Is that a bad idea?

14. I tried that the second time...didn't work unfortunately. haha

15. The way I see it you have 2 optons:

1. Quit puffing and don't look back until you are out of their house.

2. Keep puffing, have a really good stash spot that only you will know, don't puff under their roof, learn the benefits of Visine and LIE. If your in school don't let it interfere with it or else suspicion will go up.

That's all I got for ya man

16. no its a fine idea.

if he thinks it should be legal then its not the plant he dislikes its the legal consequences breaking those laws pose to you that he's worried about. and thats fantastic for you and your hopes of a good talk.

I knew some friends who's parents would let them drink when they turned 18 but ONLY at their house and if friends came they HAD to spend the night. they did this because they didn't believe in the laws but they where scared of the consequences that breaking the laws pose. maybe you could somehow come to this type of understanding (pretty far fetched I know)

you can always talk a little about all the big things that the law has frowned upon, from the destruction of the berlin wall to early desegregation in the south....all sorts of things. a movement is a good thing to be apart of.

17. ^^^^This^^^^
    Also an open window, closed door with a towel under the crack, sploof, fan pointed out the window, Oust that smells like linen and either taking snap hits (only packing a bowl with enough weed that you can clear it all in one hit) or putting a coin over the burning weed works wonders.

18. Zef. Love your quote under your Avatar. Hitching too many miles.

19. Thanks for all of the replies :) I think I'm going to write a letter and hope this unlucky streak I'm having will be over for a while

I'm pretty good at sneaking around...they only caught me this last time because of a drug test.

20. How old are you?...