dealing with disrespect and conflict

Discussion in 'General' started by angstrom, Sep 23, 2012.

1. alot of folks will go out of their way to disrespect others because they enjoy it. alot of other people will go out of their way to love others and be open to them. it seems like people who want to love others are often taken advantage of by those who don't. somtimes a person will be so negative, and the things they say and do will make so little sense, that it is difficult to respond in any way. it simply doesnt compute. how does a person who is unwilling to be cruel deal with a person who is unwilling to be kind?

2. ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬DAMN THIS COMMENT IS fANCY!▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ

3. There are always total dickheads everywhere. You really have no choice but to ignore their lack of intelligence/abundance of ignorance. They are just butthurt about their own life, so they try to bring everyone else down and try to make THEM feel the same way they feel about themselves on a daily basis. I just tell em to get fucked and move on.

Remember that when they're bullshit fails it just pisses them off anymore, and it makes YOU smile.

4. Ignore ignorance. Ignorance is the causal factor for negative emotions. If somebody tries to bring me down, I laugh and move on. I will love everyone - until they give me a reason not to. Then I will just divert my love into greater amounts between those who want it :)

5. some sound advice here. i do feel like i should ignore it, and not feel bad, but what do you do when you are actually in the situation? i mean, its like the only things that you can do are pretend to be deaf, talk some shit, or fight. none of those seem that good

6. attitude is everything. dont let people push you around, respect is earned, and easily taken.

7. Yeah I realize that dickheads use negative emotions and have low intrapersonal/interpersonal intelligence since they tend not to control their impulses and don't make internal changes which is important when constructing behavior. Don't let them get to you man, I've dealt with some dickheads and I just laugh on angry they get while I'm totally chill as a cucumber.

8. I think if you just ignore them, they soon understand that nothing they do will get through to you. It forces them to stop and move on. It's strange how people get SO much pleasure from doing this type of shit, but they do.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qweMOnPmXM]Harold and Kumar go to white castle ( IMPT LIFE LESSON!) ;) - YouTube[/ame]

The shit!!

9. If it's in a situation where I don't have to stay; I just walk away. I really try not to waste my time on things like that.

If it's in a situation where for whatever reason I can't just up and walk away, then I will ask them to stop. If they don't, I just ignore them. Phones are great for these situations :p

If it's a situation involving somebody disrespecting somebody else who is affected by it and unable to resolve it, I will step in, but it only happens rarely. I try to do this as little as possible, because things are never as black and white as they appear to a 3rd party.

10. But what if they're calling you out with derogatory names like "your a pussy", "come at me bro" like you can't help but wanting to fight these douches because they're trying to amp you in a negative way, I just tell them to suck my avacado.

11. I just laugh and walk away. Other people don't really phase me, unless I care about them. And it's been a long time since someone I cared about really tried to grind my gears.. excluding my sister :p

12. I don't see ANY situation outside of work where you have no choice but to deal with those fucks. Fortunately, when I was working and douchebags tried to be hard-asses I reminded them real quick that I am in a higher postion (He must've forgot) then them so I made them do bitch work. That was a good day!