dealing with conspiracy theories

Discussion in 'General' started by blacksharrds, Jan 13, 2009.

1. idk what section this is supposed to go in so i figured i'd put it here.

recently ive started getting into conspiracy theories again. i was into them before but at that point i was too young to make rational decisions about what was plausible and what wasnt. but now im older and i have all these already established beliefs about the way things work, and since getting back into different conspiracy theories i'm having trouble with them.

theyre giving me two conflicting sets of beliefs and its really bothering me. im not really sure how to work with this. anyone with similar experiences help me out with this.

and another thing about this. everyone looks at you as youre completely insane when you believe in these things, even more so than when youre a pothead (which most people here can relate to lol). ugh. maybe i just need to vent my frustrations about this.

2. Let them think what they want. We're all sheep to certain extent.

3. #3 bronco, Jan 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2009
    Depends on what conspiracy theory you're talking about.

9-11: Yeah, you're pretty much batshit insane if you buy this one. You can spout all the discrepancies and conflicting accounts of onlookers but the fact is this: There is no way the World Trade Centers and the Pentagon could have been attacked without someone, somewhere, spilling the beans. The operation would have been massive, involving multiple agencies, and by now someone would have spoken up. I love how the same people that think Bush is a monkey also believe he's capable of the single largest mass-murder in this country's history.

JFK: Dunno about this one. From what I've researched, it appears that Oswald was a nut and did it without help. Since JFK was only one guy though, outside involvement is possible. This one could go either way.

Illuminati/Masons/Jews/Aliens control everything: Yeah you're insane.

4. i was really wrapped up in the jfk one bullet thing for about 3 months

5. #6 vendetta777, Jan 13, 2009
    what are the conflicting sets of beliefs that youre talking about? i started into conspiracy theories about 2 years ago,got really hard into it and it kinda just tore me apart with all these different ideologies, but as i became more experienced with them i was more able to differentiate fact from fiction and make my own decisions about something instead of agreeing with the group of theorists( I believe its called group think) then i just stopped them all together for about 5 months or so and then casually got into them not thinking about them as much, but it still sparks my imagination a bit and shows what can and cant be possible in this world we live in today. Nowadays though, i read about great people like Timothy Leary, Terence Mckenna and many others with scientifical backing, a good site for reading all this shit is www.deoxy.org
    be warned this site is intense with information and will fuck your mind if youre not ready for it, it puts new perspectives on life not previously realized.

6. Just wondering, are you an atheist?

7. dunno if youre talking to me or the author but yes i am an atheist

8. if it's a 9/11 conspiracy theory, read this:
    http://www.rollingstone.com/politic...st_the_hopeless_stupidity_of_911_conspiracies
    a little sneak peak:
    Just imagine how this planning session between Bush, Rummy and Cheney must have gone:
    BUSH: So, what's the plan again?

CHENEY: Well, we need to invade Iraq and Afghanistan. So what we've decided to do is crash a whole bunch of remote-controlled planes into Wall Street and the Pentagon, say they're real hijacked commercial planes, and blame it on the towelheads; then we'll just blow up the buildings ourselves to make sure they actually fall down.

RUMSFELD: Right! And we'll make sure that some of the hijackers are agents of Saddam Hussein! That way we'll have no problem getting the public to buy the invasion.

CHENEY: No, Dick, we won't.

RUMSFELD: We won't?

CHENEY: No, that's too obvious. We'll make the hijackers Al Qaeda and then just imply a connection to Iraq.

RUMSFELD: But if we're just making up the whole thing, why not just put Saddam's fingerprints on the attack?

CHENEY: (sighing) It just has to be this way, Dick. Ups the ante, as it were. This way, we're not insulated if things go wrong in Iraq. Gives us incentive to get the invasion right the first time around.

BUSH: I'm a total idiot who can barely read, so I'll buy that. But I've got a question. Why do we need to crash planes into the Towers at all? Since everyone knows terrorists already tried to blow up that building complex from the ground up once, why don't we just blow it up like we plan to anyway, and blame the bombs on the terrorists?

RUMSFELD: Mr. President, you don't understand. It's much better to sneak into the buildings ourselves in the days before the attacks, plant the bombs and then make it look like it was exploding planes that brought the buildings down. That way, we involve more people in the plot, stand a much greater chance of being exposed and needlessly complicate everything!

CHENEY: Of course, just toppling the Twin Towers will never be enough. No one would give us the war mandate we need if we just blow up the Towers. Clearly, we also need to shoot a missile at a small corner of the Pentagon to create a mightily underpublicized additional symbol of international terrorism -- and then, obviously, we need to fake a plane crash in the middle of fucking nowhere in rural Pennsylvania.

RUMSFELD: Yeah, it goes without saying that the level of public outrage will not be sufficient without that crash in the middle of fucking nowhere.

CHENEY: And the Pentagon crash -- we'll have to do it in broad daylight and say it was a plane, even though it'll really be a cruise missile.

BUSH: Wait, why do we have to use a missile?

CHENEY: Because it's much easier to shoot a missile and say it was a plane. It's not easy to steer a real passenger plane into the Pentagon. Planes are hard to come by.

BUSH: But aren't we using two planes for the Twin Towers?

CHENEY: Mr. President, you're missing the point. With the Pentagon, we use a missile, and say it was a plane.

BUSH: Right, but I'm saying, why don't we just use a plane and say it was a plane? We'll be doing that with the Twin Towers, right?

CHENEY: Right, but in this case, we use a missile. (Throws hands up in frustration) Don, can you help me out here?

RUMSFELD: Mr. President, in Washington, we use a missile because it's sneakier that way. Using an actual plane would be too obvious, even though we'll be doing just that in New York.

BUSH: Oh, OK.

RUMSFELD: The other good thing about saying that it was a passenger jet is that that way, we have to invent a few hundred fictional victims and account for a nonexistent missing crew and plane. It's always better when you leave more cover story to invent, more legwork to do and more possible holes to investigate. Doubt, legwork and possible exposure -- you can't pull off any good conspiracy without them.

BUSH: You guys are brilliant! Because if there's one thing about Americans -- they won't let a president go to war without a damn good reason. How could we ever get the media, the corporate world and our military to endorse an invasion of a secular Iraqi state unless we faked an attack against New York at the hands of a bunch of Saudi religious radicals? Why, they'd never buy it. Look at how hard it was to get us into Vietnam, Iraq the last time, Kosovo?

CHENEY: Like pulling teeth!

RUMSFELD: Well, I'm sold on the idea. Let's call the Joint Chiefs, the FAA, the New York and Washington, D.C., fire departments, Rudy Giuliani, all three networks, the families of a thousand fictional airline victims, MI5, the FBI, FEMA, the NYPD, Larry Eagleburger, Osama bin Laden, Noam Chomsky and the fifty thousand other people we'll need to pull this off. There isn't a moment to lose!

BUSH: Don't forget to call all of those Wall Street hotshots who donated $100 million to our last campaign. They'll be thrilled to know that we'll be targeting them for execution as part of our thousand-tentacled modern-day bonehead Reichstag scheme! After all, if we're going to make martyrs -- why not make them out of our campaign paymasters? Shit, didn't the Merrill Lynch guys say they needed a refurbishing in their New York offices?

RUMSFELD: Oh, they'll get a refurbishing, all right. Just in time for the "Big Wedding"!

ALL THREE: (cackling) Mwah-hah-hah!

i love matt taibbi.

9. Yeah but once you accept that one, all the other ones fall right in line. :)

p.s. later next year our government is going to go public with the existence of aliens and will use it for more worldwide authoritarian control and further loss of your freedoms. [​IMG]

10. Conspiracy theories pollute your mind when you get too deep inem dude, they make you all paranoid and shit so just live your life. The post above was pretty cool. Btw. 911 was staged, i definately buy that one

11. #12 blacksharrds, Jan 13, 2009
    thank you for the few people who actually took this seriously lol.

9/11 and kennedy i buy into kinda. whats more concerning me is the illuminati thing. some of it is absurd, but a fair amount of it makes sense. and it directly contradicts most things that i've learned throughout my life.

anyone whos interested, look up alex jones on google video. hes kind of a nut but raises some interesting questions. of course then youll likely end up confused yourself.

12. #13 DirtyPete, Jan 13, 2009
    If you're intelligent enough to discern facts from hearsay and opinion then researching "conspiracy theories" can be quite stimulating actually.

The problem is that 99 percent of the theories on the internet are bogus.

It's all about having an open mind and being skeptical at the same time.

Most people hear the word conspiracy and think automatically it's some crazy theory about aliens and secret societies when in reality the most important conspiracies are simply big corporations committing fraud and colluding with government officials to secure their dominance in the marketplace.

Global manipulation by bankers is the most important subject IMO.

13. -Immortsal Technique

14. i think all these theories are bull .....remember the 2000 mellenium all pc's were supposed to crash...LOL....

15. immortal technique is the man lol.

16. That wasn't a conspiracy theory, that was a technological glitch that was real - it's just people didn't understand it and blew it out of proportion.

It still required a lot of re coding by programmers to get software up to date to prevent any problems.

17. regardless where you start digging, after a bit of work, you find out that pretty much all of our 'generally accepted' reality is bullshit.

PSYCHOPATHY is the single most important subject you need to learn about if you want to understand our world.
    www.ponerology.com

other valuable starting points:

[B]www.sott.net[/B]
    (best news source on the net)

evidence of revision (JFK assassination and beyond - mandatory viewing)
    6 parts
    http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=evidence+of+revision&emb=0&aq=f#

aids - fact or fraud
    http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=evidence+of+revision&emb=0&aq=f#q=duesberg&emb=0&dur=3

and remember, there are a million disinformation sites out there, some unwittingly, many intentionally.
    anything resembling concrete answers to difficult questions requires EFFORT - tons of reading and digging. if you want easy answers, forget about conspiracy 'theories', go watch american idol.

18. Theories need hard evidense in my eyes, which most conspiricacy theories seem to lack... I wonder why.

19. well said, troy.