Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Dealing with a non-stoner, non-chill, roomate?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by gumisgood, Oct 17, 2011.

1. I have a roomate who is a bit of a stickler when it comes to this whole marijuana thing. Over the weekends I like to get a nice buzz going in the afternoon..I'm never really "high" just "mellowed"..you know?

Anyway..I basically take a hit or two to keep the buzz going every so often..but I tend to leave stoner things around. Today, I left my weed in the bathroom..and he found it.

I'm not saying that I have a right to have weed in the bathroom..it's just that when you're in your zone, you aren't really think about trying to be a good "non-stoner" roomate...your biggest concern is "other stuff".

Whenever he catches me smoking..or high..or finds my weed...he makes me feel bad for smoking, which ruins my high completely. It's getting to the point where I'm seriously considering moving, not because I don't like him (he's a good enough guy), but because whenever I'm smoking he makes me feel guilty. I've tried to talk to him, telling him to be less "concerned" with my smoking habits..but so far, nothing.

Thing is, if I didn't smoke..I wouldn't even have this issue with him. And, I dislike "losing a friend" because of weed. Friends are more important to me.

He's a bit younger than me...but he has what I would term "male dominance" issues..which I think is to be expected at his age. He's also, umm..not sexually active..in the sense that he doesn't have sex with his gf, and he doesn't masturbate to release sexual tension...so it's like he has all this testosterone that's going to his head. I'm not saying that's a bad thing..I'm just saying I don't want to play the whole alpha male game with him...mostly because we aren't 12.

It's gotten to the point where I don't like speaking to him anymore, and apparently it's the same for him, because all we ever do is talk about how I'm a "pothead".

(And really, instead of asking me why I smoke weed, he just labels me as a "pothead"..when the truth is..I smoke weed because I need to mellow out...and not feel as if I need to do something..to just relax. However, the difference is, when I'm not smoking, or high..all I do is worry about the future...which is a good thing..since it indicates that at least I know where I'm going..)

So, my question is, how do I get my roomate to lay off of me? How do I tell him that I'm ok with how my life is right now, for the most part, and I don't want or need him to be a "model citizen" for me, because I don't consider myself a "non-model" citizen?

I feel like telling him that if he really was the next jesus, then he would be an anti christ, that is..an agent of the devil. I mean..if that's the type of life he wants to live..good for him..but he has to realize that the whole "I'm the next Jesus, because I'm pure and holy" thing is going to get his ass kicked. If not by me (unlikely at this point) then by somebody who doesn't give a crap about his well being.

And, I smoke weed, because I'm not in heaven. If heaven does exist..then smoking weed would be redundant..and therefore not needed. :p So WHEN, not IF, I get there...I'll see you around.

2. Have you tried to educate him? watch the union with him.

3. #3 p00nd, Oct 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2011
    weird lol...
    did he tell you that? or did you find out yourself?* lol

4. Didn't read. Answer is move out/get a new roommate.

5. Just tell him that he needs to quit invading in your privacy.

6. Nice troll.

After the part about his sexual tension, I realized this. :p

7. [quote name='"p00nd"']
    weird lol...
    did he tell you that? or did you find out yourself?* lol[/quote]

Yea...How do you know that haha? W/e, I didn't read the whole thing, but you should try teach him the facts. As someone else suggested, watch The Union with him. It's a good movie that's changed a lot of peoples mind sets toward cannabis(my parents included).

8. challenge him to a fight. the winner gets the final decision on the pot rule of the place

9. the union, huh? ok ill look into it.

he told me about his sexual habits. he's religious and part of his whole puritanical lifestyle involves him not sexually releasing..basically ever.

he thinks it isn't proper before marriage.

i don't really disagree..but then again, sex is sex..so whatever, you know? as long as you're doing it responsibly..i dont see what the big deal is..but thats just me...and i respect that not everyone has to agree on this.

10. That guy has all the familiar symptoms of a person whose never going to change

11. I'm sorry, but you sir, are a homosexual.

12. haha..if it were that easy i would be.

but my dick says otherwise.

13. I'd say I'm going to smoke chief and will try to do a better job of cleaning up this mess so you don't have to be around it

And since you're giving him respect and now flaunting the devil's lettuce all about
    He'll respect you also

14. but he wont, it goes against his values. be done with it? and his girl?
    so naive..and possibly attainable..

15. just tell him straight up "fuck off, this is my house to, i pay half the rent, i will do whatever the fuck i want"

16. Battle royale.

But seriously I smoked inside my bedroom with a roommate who was a strict catholic he never even knew. Don't leave your shit lying around lol

17. ...Challenge him to a smoke off? Keep whatever peace is left. :cool:
    Or tell him to eff off. :p

18. One of the things that you will learn as you grow up is that friends come and go. Saying that your friends are more important to you than being happy at home shows that you really have something wrong with your priorities in life.

Straight advice - MOVE. Or kick him out. If you can't be who you are or who you want to be AT HOME, then what's the point? It's like living with a Debbie Downer. And if you can't see that this dude is not on the same wavelength as you are, and yet you still want to be friends, ask yourself what this guy brings to your life that you can't find elsewhere?

People come and go in your life. Being afraid to lose them is something that you need to get rid of. If you continue to care about people in your life even after you already know they aren't good for you, you will be a doormat for every loser and asshole to walk over for the rest of your life.

Be more picky with your friends. I dunno, maybe you don't have many which is why you care so much. You don't need a TON OF FRIENDS, and frankly, once you have a few decades on you you don't give a shit either. I can't tell you how many people I've befriended over the years never to hear from them again after I've moved on. I'm 40, I've met thousands over the years, and I'd call many of them friends. But they come and go. I have my family and a FEW CLOSE FRIENDS. But I don't go all higgly piggly if someone decides to move on and out of my life.

Move out, find more chill roomies and live better

19. I'd just start bagging on him about how he doesn't get pussy. Be like if you don't fuck your girl I will cause they need it in a relationship. Thats all I could think of lol this kid sounds like a pain in the ass

20. guy sounds like a dick OP. honestly i wouldn't be worried about losing him as a friend.