Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Dealers contacting you instead of the other way around?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by 420Juggalo610, Jan 8, 2012.

1. So I been buying from my guy since late October and since then hes grown to be a kool dude (for now) its gotten to the point where I gave him a ride to 69th st. in Philly on my last pick up and he wants to smoke a bong with me now. Now he hits me up to let me know when he reups which I really appreciate, but I don't want it to seem like i'm passive about buying from him that's what my old dealer did. Every now and then I'll tell him I would pick up the next day, is this disrespectful of me to do that? and does a dealer supposed to hit you up instead of you doing it?

2. I tell my dudes to not call me unless i call them. I hate the "Got dat fire" texts n shit. If your guy is contacting you then he probally hasnt been doing this long and isnt very good at it.

3. #3 Orthanc, Jan 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2012
    Oh yeah, my main dealer hits me up sometimes. Then again, he's a friend from work, so our relationship is a little deeper than just dealing. Sometimes if he comes across a good Sativa from someone else, he knows I prefer Sativas, he'll just go ahead and buy it, hold it until I'm ready. It's cool having all your dealers be buddies from work, haha.

4. My dealer hits me up when he has special offers or rare strains. I'm V.I.P. to his services because I get first dibs on everything :D I don't see it as a bad thing, I mean if you like smoking marijuana and stuff..

5. I don't mind it that much. My dude will txt me when he gets a new strain in or If he's going out of town a certain date and says that I will need to hit him up by a certain time before he leaves. I don't mind getting txts every now and then if its something I would like to know.

6. Lol'd,my last dealer did that,he was a douche

7. Wtf? I dont get threads like these?
    How is that disrespectful? You've bought from him a lot, and gave him a ride, and he wants to chill and smoke a bowl with you.
    I don't see how he would take you picking up the next day instead of right there and then, as disrespect. Dealers are people man, they're not like some almighty man that demands respect.

8. Eh, just tell him you got a stash for now and he'll be the guy you call when you're out. I haven't got this in a while, it can be a tad annoying if it happens a lot, but it's kind of nice too, like a reminder that someone can help you out when you'e low. His business must not be doing too well if he does this all the time.

9. Dealers usually have an extra phone which they use for their work.

You do not.

In my opinion its highly inappropriate for a dealer to contact the buyer, don't forget it's still illegal.

10. I like to smoke weed so i appreciate it when my dealer calls me to tell me he picked up some new bud..

11. I'm used to my dealer contacting me cause he's one of my close friends.

12. I don't see a problem with being texted when a guy gets a re-up as long as it's not completely obvious.
    It would be different if they were always badgering you to BUY weed, that's not on.
    Nothing wrong with information though - they could be just trying to avoid having multiple people call or tect them and say "Hey man, you got weed?"
    You buy when you need to buy, there's nothing disrespectful about that - if you don't need it the moment he has it, then that's just how it is, if he took offence or tried to start pushing the sale on you, then yeah that's shitty, but it doesn't seem like this guy has done that.

As for hanging out/smoking with the guy, entirely up to you and if you're cool with that or not.
    It's a buyer/seller relationship, doesn't need to be more than that.

13. my guy hits me up sometimes if he happens to have especially nice buds in, or some other special item he cant get on a regular basis ;)
    but thats pretty rare round here, so we usually just communicate once every 2 weeks or so!

14. Look at it this way say you open a business to feed your family/pay your bills etc. you would call/text people and ask them if they want to buy your product wouldnt you? most dealers only do it to support there family or pay there own bills, if he didnt call his customers they might not think of picking up from him that time....which means he might be short a couple dollars to pay his pills or feed his family a decent meal....

15. I actually like that my guys let me know what strain they've got in. Let's me see who got what in their hands.

16. I don't mind getting a text every once in a while but I bought from this guy one time since my regular dealer was out of town and he started texting me like every other day telling me about what he has and after too many 3am ''I gots that good shit'' texts I just had to tell him to cut it out,and that I will let him know if I will be needing his service in the future.

So to me,those txts are annoying,if I need you,I will call you.

17. I used to have a dealer who would text me every day at least about some new 'mad fire' he had, or some dumb strain. I got fed up with it because I bought weed from him, I didn't need a sales pitch for it. It was the exact same advertising spam that I absolutely hate from any company.

I cut things off with him, and my quality of life has not gone down one bit.

18. If they text you with a REAL strain name that you can google search in .2 seconds, then you should be happy he even said anything at all instead of saving it all for himself and others.

IF they hit ya up saying FLAME on deck OR FIRE OR BOMB shit like that they don't know what they bought and are just trying to get fast money (bad hustler) avoid them.

19. Unless I was a kid whose mommy went through my phone I think it would be cool as shit
    One of my current dealers hits me up when he reups and lets me know what he has and price

Its not a everyday text but its good to know that way I know what Im getting before I even have to take time out of my day to contact him.

20. Thats so true brother. You can not expand or even get off the ground without promotion. People don't understand the drug trade works like any other business. Plus if you have better products than everyone else around, you gotta get word out.