Dealer living next to a cop?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Ajax1, Sep 15, 2012.

1. So I have only been going to this dealer for a few weeks, and we always met somewhere close to his house, but not at his actual house. I was off campus for lunch (senior in high school) and me and my friend were going to pick up an eighth from him. I was in the parking lot of Target (the place we were meeting) and he called me asking if I could just go to his house because he had people over. He gave me his address and we went over there. As I pulled into his cul-de-sac there was a Police Charger parked in his neighbors driveway, facing the road. I couldn't see in the car, and there was also a F-150 with a big trailer on the back in his driveway. I sketched out and parked my car down the street and called him. After a while he agreed to meet me somewhere else and everything went fine. But my question is....
    why would you live next to a cop if you're a dealer? (not a mmj state)

2. I used to pick up from this guy who's dad was a state trooper but would never go near his house. I stopped after my friend owed him a bunch of money because I got paranoid about the whole situation.

3. Invite the cop over for a sesh. YOLO.

4. [quote name='"Messiah Decoy"']Invite the cop over for a sesh. YOLO.[/quote]

Lol.

The guy probably lived there first or wasn't dealing at the time. My dealer lives upstreet from a cop but I still go there, its a little scary sometimes but not that big a deal. He's been sitting outside before when I went, only like 2 or 3 times with his whole family.

5. I was just sketchin cuz I didn't know him that well, so the worst case scenario in my mind is i buy from him, then the cop turns his lights on and I get arrested.

6. my old unmentionables dealer lived between a cop AND an undercover

7. In a lot of cases they won't bother because they don't like to bring their work home with them, depending on the situation. Plus it would be kind of stupid to bust someone when your family lives right next to them.

8. Exactly what I was thinking... maybe the guy lived there BEFORE the cop moved in. What is the OPs dealer supposed to do? Just up and move right away?... Don't you think that would look a little suspicious as well? I wouldn't want to live next to a cop myself though in general.. let alone if I was dealing.

Most likely...it freaks the dealer out, but he still has to do business and just doesn't care that much that a cop lives next to him. If he's not growing, if he doesn't usually do business at his house.. then there's not much he has to worry about. The OP himself said that they usually meet some where else.
    And maybe the cop is cool, or just doesn't give a fuck that his neighbor is selling a little bit of weed on the side.

Plus... Dealers usually worry about people coming and robbing them, breaking in and stealing their stash.... what better security is there than having a cop live next door?

9. #9 Johnny Blazed, Sep 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2012
    its the fuckin neighbors house who cares? and the cop is obviously not on duty no reason to trip unless the dude you buying from isnt trustworthy

or if it his house looks like trap house people coming and going all the time dont worry

10. good point there. if a cop moved next door to me i would probably stop selling weed though (i dont sell weed)... it would make me wayyy too anxious

11. lol if a cop lived next to me I'd be paranoid in general.

I'm always smoking up in my backyard next to the pool, in my garden, on my porch... if I had a cop and his family living next to me I would probably cut it out lol

12. [quote name='"Johnny Blazed"']its the fuckin neighbors house who cares? and the cop is obviously not on duty no reason to trip unless the dude you buying from isnt trustworthy

or if it his house looks like trap house people coming and going all the time dont worry[/quote]

Just cause he is off duty doesn't me he can't get you

13. He could get him, but if you were a cop and you were with your family, would go rushing off to arrest somebody who really isn't doing any harm?

14. of course a cop can bust you while he's off duty...

But it doesn't mean he WANTS or WILL bust some one off duty for simple shit.

15. Your dealer probably has the cop neighbor on his payroll.

16. fuck no! his wife would tell em he;s a dick

17. when I was selling I got by fine. a cop lives right across the street, a fireman next to him, police chief a block away and two excops on the next block down..
    when I got snitched out none of them even had a clue, all thought I was a good kid.

18. yeah same here, i get sketched out enough when my neighbors are outside when im smoking outside

19. [quote name='"ILLOGIK"']

Exactly what I was thinking... maybe the guy lived there BEFORE the cop moved in. What is the OPs dealer supposed to do? Just up and move right away?... Don't you think that would look a little suspicious as well? I wouldn't want to live next to a cop myself though in general.. let alone if I was dealing.

Most likely...it freaks the dealer out, but he still has to do business and just doesn't care that much that a cop lives next to him. If he's not growing, if he doesn't usually do business at his house.. then there's not much he has to worry about. The OP himself said that they usually meet some where else.
    And maybe the cop is cool, or just doesn't give a fuck that his neighbor is selling a little bit of weed on the side.

Plus... Dealers usually worry about people coming and robbing them, breaking in and stealing their stash.... what better security is there than having a cop live next door?[/quote]

Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

20. I have 3 cops that live on my street but there all pretty chill. My friend who is like 22 lives down the street also and one of the cops lives across the street from him. Well he was dealing a lot and county sherrifs would always be rolling down our street, sopping outside his house, following my friend where ever he went, but it was weird because the cop across the street wouldn't do shit. Mostly because he has known us since we were kids but doesn't get us in trouble and just let's us be. I think it's funny because he is the cop that carries around the drug dogs lol.

Now that i think about it cops are kinda cool outside there job. I mean one of them went from cop to undercover and now is swat, the other is a regular cop or higher ranking, and the other one flies the helicopters but when we would have block parties the would always be the ones getting Fucked up compared to other adults