dealer busted!!!! i am freaking out!!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by highinhouston, Apr 19, 2006.

1. Animal nature requires violence as a survival tool. Human nature no longer requires violence to survive. The violence alluded to in this thread is SENSELESS. It's sole purpose is retaliation... because someone's mad that they can't deal weed wherever they damn well please.

I'm not saying that there isn't violence in the world. It's painfully obvious to me everyday that there is. I'm saying that the violence in the world is perpetrated by idiots... idiots who would rather fight and kill than find a peaceful solution to their problems.

But that's beside the point in this thread. What's been suggested here is senseless violence, and there's no way I will ever condone senseless violence.:cool:

2. agree with you completely

3. I wasn't really refering to the thread, really.

Humans don't REQUIRE violence, but violence is naturally occuring in human tendency. As long as humans continue to live, govern and interact with eachother with such a divided interests, then violence will continue to thrive.

Intelligence has no relevance to the use of violence. Many incredibly intelligent people used violence to achieve their goals. Winston Churchill, Adolph Hitler, Gengis Khan, Alexandra Barbarossa. Though you disagree with their fundamentals and their beleifs (the very thing which breeds violence, ironically), doesn't make them any less intelligent.

Violence is nessecary in our world, because our world is built from violence and survives through violence. Our western lifestyles of consumption and excess and only protected and sustained through horrific losses of life in far away places. Not only in military conflict but in the prices of famine, poverty and ravaged resources.

4. we never intended to do anything to her house, as that would probably make grants situation worse...

we found out he got caught with 2 O's

5. The next bowl i smoke is going out to your poor dealer.

6. 2 O´z?? sorry how much time can he be locked away?

7. Incarceration
    \t

Fine
    Possession
    2 oz or less* \tmisdemeanor \t180 days \t$2,000
    2 to 4 oz* \tmisdemeanor \t1 year \t$4,000
    4 oz to 1 lb* \tstate jail felony \t180 days - 2 years \t$10,000
    1 to 5 lbs \tstate jail felony \t180 days - 2 years \t$10,000
    5 to 50 lbs \tfelony \t2 - 10 years \t$10,000
    50 to 2,000 lbs \tfelony \t2 - 20 years \t$10,000
    More than 2,000 lbs \tfelony \t5 - 99 years \t$50,000
    Sale
    Gift of 1/4 oz or less \tmisdemeanor \t180 days \t$2,000
    Sale of 1/4 oz or less \tmisdemeanor \t
    1 year
    \t$3,000
    1/4 oz to 5 lbs \tstate jail felony \t
    180 days - 2 years
    \t$10,000
    5 to 50 lbs \tfelony \t2 - 20 years \t$10,000
    50 to 2,000 lbs \tfelony \t5 - 99 years \t$10,000
    2,000 lbs or more \tfelony \tMMS 10 - 99 years \t$100,000
    To a minor \tfelony \t2 - 20 years \t$10,000
    Within 1,000 feet of a school or within 300 feet of specified areas \tmisdemeanor or felony \tincreased penalty \tincreased penalty
    Miscellaneous (paraphernalia, license suspensions, drug tax stamps, etc...)
    Paraphernalia possession \tcivil citation \tnone \t$500
    Paraphernalia sale \tmisdemeanor \t1 year \t$3,000
    Details \t

* With no prior felony convictions, if convicted of possession of less than one pound of marijuana a judge must impose a sentence of probation with mandatory drug treatment. If no treatment center exists within the jurisdiction, the judge may waive the treatment requirement. They judge can also waive all fines.

Possession of two ounces or less of marijuana is punishable by up to 180 days in jail and a fine up to $2,000. Possession of greater than two ounces is punishable by up to one year in jail and a fine up to $4,000. For greater than four ounces the penalty increases to 180 days - two years in jail and a fine up to $10,000. Possession of greater than five pounds carries a penalty of 2 - 10 years in prison and a fine up to $10,000. For greater than 50 pounds the penalties increase to 2 - 20 years in prison and a fine up to $10,000. For any amount greater than 2,000 pounds the penalty is 5 - 99 years and a fine up to $50,000.

The penalty for delivery, without remuneration, of one-quarter of an ounce or less is up to 180 days in jail and a fine up to $2,000. For delivery or sale of one-quarter of an ounce or less the penalty is up to one year in jail and a fine of up to $ 3,000. For delivery or sale of amounts greater than one-quarter ounce of marijuana the penalty increases to 180 days - 2 years in jail and a fine up to $10,000. Sale or delivery of greater than five pounds is punishable by 2 - 20 years in prison and a fine up to $10,000. The penalty for delivery or sale of greater than 50 pounds is 5 - 99 years in prison and a fine up to $10,000. For any amount of 2,000 pounds or greater, the penalty is a mandatory minimum 10 - 99 years in prison and a fine up to $100,000.

Any sale to a minor is punishable by 2 - 20 years in prison and a fine up to $10,000. Sale within 1,000 feet of a school or within 300 feet of a youth center, public pool or video arcade increases the penalty classification to the next highest level.

Possession of paraphernalia is punishable by a fine of $500 and sale of paraphernalia is punishable by up to one year in jail and a fine of up to $3,000.

at least its not a felony.

8. i thought it was a felony with intent to distribute...

9. it's difficult to prove there was intent.

believe it or not 2 oz can be considered personal.

That's why most dealers never bag individually before selling; it proves intent.

10. im sorry but ppl shouldnt give a shit if it doesnt affect them in any direct negative way apart from being illegal.

11. Believe it or not, a crime was committed. The crime wasn't the pot itself. The crime was the selling of a controlled substance. The fact that a crime was being committed in front of this woman's house is a cause for concern for her as a citizen. She had every right to call the police. True, she didn't need to exercise that right, but the fact remains that she did. And for that, people want to fuck her up?! I guess it's no longer safe to be a law abiding citizen in this country.

She wasn't snitching on potsmokers. They weren't smoking pot in front of her house. They were dealing.

12. im not condoning fucking her shit up at all, thats out of order... but what im saying is shes fucked up someone elses life just cos of her beliefs.. ffs she should mind her own fucking business instead of getting ppl sent to prison over selling a herb..

fair enough if they were like doing a drive by or some shit, by all means fucking report them. but no, they were just giving someone money for a package. and because of that they have to deal with a load of shit with the police..

edit: do u wanna get sent to jail too or something? i mean dont u see the laws as being fucked up that a rapist gets less of a sentance in some places than a big mean dealer who sells pot? (to ppl who go to him specifically for it too, none of that imposing it on kids or any shit like that)..

13. First off, about the second comment, don't deal on the street, period. Simple. The laws aren't going to change overnight. It's illegal at present. Don't push your friggin' luck by dealing on the street. Simple. Then this woman would have no reason to call the friggin' cops. Simple. And we would never have had to read about someone wanting to fuck someone up... which happens to be my only gripe in this thread, really.

And not once in this whole fuckin' thread of 50+ posts has anyone even come close to asking "what's the alternative action to violence in this case?!" What's up with that? Have we been so inundated with violence in our everyday lives that we've come to see it as the only option in any situation that challenges us as intelligent human beings? And it's not just in this thread. People are suggesting violence in a lot of threads on these boards. Why is violence our number one answer for everything?
    :( :confused:

14. She's just a fucking NARC, nothing more. She deserves what all narcs get in the end. If there was some indication of violence or if it got excessive (like people constantly doing it in front of her house) then I can totally understand--otherwise she's just in denial and thinks there aren't drugs in her neighborhood and that she's "helping".

Anyone who narcs doesn't understand the damage they've done. Nothing happend to this bitch at all -- someone was parked off her property selling a sack. That doesn't effect her. 95% of anti-drug people I know even understand this. Hell, my dad, a hardcore Republican, doesn't even bother to call the cops when he sees someone on a burn cruise or dealing, because he has the intelligence to know that the punishment that's going to come down on the dealer is FAR, FAR worse than anything that dealer has ever done to him, which is nothing.

Anyone who shits on the "live and let live" philosophy can fuck off in my book. I can understand *why* she did it, which Tweech explained a few times already (I haven't read every reply), but it doesn't make it morally correct. Now I'm not advocating violence--that's just stepping it up AGAIN (since she did it the first time), in fact I'd say to just cut your losses and forget about her, but I will never, ever believe that what she or any other drug narc does is moral, correct, or reasonably necessary.

15. Joint, Do you really trust people (at large) to be informed to the degree they would come to the same conclusion as your Father? :confused: I do not trust the unpredictability. No matter how you slice it, I would not put myself in jeopardy no matter how much of a mature/rational stance I personally obtain. And I need to give you credit on your stance. It is solid and quite enlightening on paper. I always enjoy your comments and welcome some to this. I can't change my perspective if everyone always agrees. :smoke:

xxxxxxx
    I don't want anyone dealing in front of my house. No way in hell. The last thing I need is for cops to be patrolling my shit and see the ebb and flow of people coming to my home. FUCK THAT! I still feel it is just safer to keep it out of neighborhoods.

highinhouston, again I'm not trying to dog you. I know this is your thread and has happened to you, but I harbor no ill will toward you even though my comments could suggest otherwise. :smoke: I apologize for any negative vibes you might be getting from me.

16. No, I can't say that I would expect everyone to come to that conclusion, which is why I can understand *why* she did it. She saw a crime, she reported it. That said, it does sort of boggle my mind that someone would call the cops like that one one person they saw with drugs. Maybe it's because I live in a city and not the 'burbs, but I guess when I think of "crimes that need reporting", drugs just *never* come to my mind because most people (around here) don't ever call the cops on people with drugs. Hell, the cops are lucky if they get called in when someone get's shot. I mean I see drug deals all the time, I know all sorts of drug dealers even though I've never used them just because people (again, around here) just don't go to cops about stuff like that so dealers aren't worried. I've done and feel comfortable doing things like inspecting a sack when I'm buying on the corner or buying in a car in broad daylight. One time I even bought some standing next to this soccer-dad type guy who I think was picking up his kids. Like even today, some guy dropped a joint in class and no one cared (I ended up chasing him down and giving it to him). Obviously that's an extreme example but you get my point -- the people I'm around just don't consider drugs to be something worth calling the cops for, and anyone who does is a narc who's intentionally going out of his way to call it in (otherwise they'd be calling all the f'cking time). And it's not like I live in a bad area, it's just that city crimes like constant robberies and burglaries are what people are concerned about (and willing to call the cops for). So I hope that give some insight into why *I* happen to think it's really malicious to call the cops on someone with drugs, and I guess that's because that's the way it happens here, but I guess maybe not other places.

17. Wow... I can't believe this discussion is still going on. Is violence a good solution to this problem? No. But hell, if it makes you feel better... why the fuck do you care if it's "right" or "wrong". You do what you have to do to deal with the situation.

Your friend is going to be fine with some probation, you have some shitty ass laws in your state. In my town they don't go after any dealer that's moving less than a couple of pounds... they just try to cut it off from the top (smart, i guess) which makes it completely safe for anyone to deal medium to small amounts... you can always have bad luck with some douche cop but in general I don't feel threatened here.