Dead Space 3

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by MangledChipmunk, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Anyone played it yet?

I'm downloading it right now, personally I think it is going to be a full action game now, no horror elements, but we shall see.

Sorry if there's a thread I can't see.

2. God I so want too. No $ though. The demo was doooope

3. I have it but haven't played yet.. I really hope not. I loved the Dead Space series.

4. It is TERRIFYING!!

5. I wish I followed the series from the start but I'm not a huge gamer just play halo and battlefield 3.

Do you suggest I play the first 2 before getting this or can I get this and just go with it?

6. I haven't touched 3 yet. But the first two were great games and you can snag them up at GameStop for <$20

7. I was concerned about it not being true to the series as well before playing.
    It is definitely more action heavy at times, but there are still lots of parts that would have fit in nicely in the previous two games.

I feel that 90% of the time, it's around the standard of DS2 and generally feels very similar in both the gameplay and the whole look/feel of it. I think people's concerns might stem from series like Resident Evil turning into something completely different over time, but that isn't really the case here.

I will say it's not really that scary (it can still be quite tense at times though) but DS2 only had a couple of parts that I found scary so it might just be that the whole formula is familiar now.

I'm up to chapter 9 (of 19) and it's been pretty awesome ever since about chapter 5 where I really started to get into it.

Chapter 1 had me convinced it was going to be some generic action game (due to the human enemies) but they haven't appeared again since then and I'm pretty much halfway through now so they must be few and far between, and they're much easier to kill than the necromorphs so it doesn't take long to get past them.

Weapon crafting is pretty hard as it takes a long time to gather enough resources to make something good or upgrade your current weapon. It's kind of a clever system but I'd still prefer the old simplified system from the previous 2 games easily, I would have a much better arsenal at my disposal by now at this stage of the previous games.

Apparently in the 'classic mode' that I think is only unlocked if you finish the game on the hardest difficulty the weapon system is more similar to the previous games.

8. Sounds like I won't have the time to finish all 3 games anytime soon so I will just grab 3 first and play the others later.

9. well I just found a free pirated PC version so I am going to give it a go on my laptop first. According to the requirements I am well above the minimum so hopefully it will be lag free and okay to control with a keyboard. If it's good I'll go buy a controller for my PC and just stick with that.

10. I want to ask - would anyone recommend me to play the first two games before buying this one?

I'm a huge lover of these types of games, and I've never tried any of these three.

11. I just started on the 3rd and there is some stuff they talk about which doesn't mean much to me because it is probably explained in the first game but you can pick up just the 3rd and enjoy it.

It's a tough game your shots have to be dead on and the enemies don't die very easily at all. Definitely a nice challenge over most the games these days which you can breeze through in a day.

12. I really enjoy playing games with story lines, so I think I'm gonna pick up the first two for some cheap money, and hopefully by the time I'm ready to buy the third, the price will go down from $59.99

13. omg I just toked and played the demo for Dead Space 3 and I was BLOWN AWAY.

I'm stuck though at the part with the huge drill. I understand I'm supposed to shoot the yellow thing in the middle, but I keep getting killed by the monsters.

14. Huge dead space fan here! read the comics, seen the movie, and played the first two. and i gotta say, dead space 3 is prob one of my favorite games this year. it is a beautifully made sci-fi world with lots of tense scenes, music, fx, and dialogue that really keep you immersed for hours and hours.

im pretty far now, maybe halfway through. im at the part where you heat up the ancient creature to get inside it and find the source of a signal.

at first i hated how the crafting system worked, i felt like i was spending too much time looking for loot and smashing bodies rather then killing stuff and enjoying the game. but later on you get these little bots that go around and collect parts for you. makes it much easier and quicker to get materiel's for weapons. now it seems im always making additions to my weapons.

the amount of combinations of weapons you can have is staggering. i spent maybe 3-4 hours alone just mix and matching different parts. now i have the perfect set up for dealing with necros. one thing that made me sad was you can only have 2 weapons at a time, which is a total bummer. but there's plenty of work bench stations through out the game so there's plenty of variety.

there's a lot of really tense moments, the ones that get my blood pumping the most are the escape scenes or the scenes where your being chased by the regenerating necros. dead space 3 is probably the king at perfecting the quicktime moments. i will never forget crash landing that shuttle on the ice planet. seriously the most pumped i've been in a game in a long time. and all the crazy shit that happens after crash landing on that planet is stuff that tops multi-million dollar movies.

if your a sci-fi fan, you will fucking love this game. its scary, action-packed, beautiful, music is superb, the art is mind blowing, the enemies are truly unique, lots of small mini puzzles and games, the combat is fun and interactive. the story flows well and doesn't stay too static for very long (huge plus) and it stays true to 1 and 2.

can't wait to see what happens next! gunna get nice and baked and continue isaacs crazy fuckin life

15. i have a whole week off next week, im gonna go buy the first and second game to bake and play every night

16. I'm just getting into where it picks up in the ship graveyard. I'm impressed so far, my only complaint is the controls are a little odd compared to most games I play so my aim is terrible and my movement is clumsy which makes it a lot harder.

17. the checkpoint/saving system is fucking AWFUL. On the 360, when you have to change over to disk 2, I decided to stop playing, so I turned off my console making the fairly logical assumption that there would be a checkpoint after changing the disks. I go back to play it and it asks me to put disk 1 in when I load my save, about 2 minutes of gameplay before having to switch the disks again.

Also I've lost about 30 minutes of gameplay because the game decided not to have a single checkpoint during the part where you stop off in that tram and go through that guy's maze (the place with all the traps and bombs on the vents). I got to the end, and decided it was way too fucking hard and I'd go back to it later, only to go back to it and be dumped ALL the way back before you get on the tram the first time: about 30 minutes of gameplay.

Fucking ridiculous. It isn't even clear when you've arrived at a point where it's safe to turn off, without losing loads of progress - unless you're on the lookout for the saving symbol.

The game is awesome though. I love crafting new weapons. I have a shotgun that fires fucking missiles, and I put a knife on that standard pistol plasma cutter thing. Gangsta.

18. Anyone who's played all three, do you suggest I go back and play the first two before buying the third one?

19. isaac dies at the end

20. #20 Subliminal Jazz, Feb 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2013

yeah it would prob help a lot and make more sense storywise. but they do a pretty good job covering the previous games. but i still suggest you check em out. especially the 2nd one. very fun and intense. especially with some bong loads and good friends.

@thezool

i couldn't agree more dude! can't tell you how many times ive had to restart an area. but i did find out where it saves. basically, after you finish a mission thats where it loads when you load your game.

so for example, you could be 90% done with a mission and it will restart the mission if you "save and quit" regardless how far you where. so pretty much its either you 100% the mission and quit then or restart it later.

also i don't know if anyone noticed or not, but all the loot respawns when you restart an area. so technically you can get infinite amount of materiel's if you just kept reloading over and over.