Dead Rising

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by Pyrokwah, Sep 12, 2010.

1. I just pre-ordered Dead Rising 2, and think it'll be fun as hell to play high. Any opinions? Anyone play Dead Rising 1 high? (I havn't played DR1)

2. I have dr1 around here somewhere and it was really fun but the save system was broke and the mission system was kinda broken 2. Plus i didnt have a HD tv at the time so that meant reading the misson logs was impossible.

But im sure capcom wont make the same mistakes twice and i have an hd tv now. Besides the comments i made above, hacking and slashing zombies with anything and everything was tons of fun so for that alone i will at least rent maybe buy dr2! Dr1 had its faults but is still tons of fun.

3. Dead rising was amazing.
    If you played it as a serious game it wasn't that good but to just fuck around and have fun it was brilliant.

4. Dead Rising 1 was a fun game to hack and slash through while high. I got it about a month ago (bought my first 360, needed some cheap games), and I've just been messing around with it since then. Haven't necessarily finished it, but I've logged in some major hours.

The big problems I had with it was the save system, since if you didn't make it back to a bathroom after a major event and died, you had to start over at your last save, which was a bitch. The text in the boxes were ungodly tiny, even on my HDTV. And the AI for the survivors was just ridiculous. They would hit a wall and be stuck until you went back to guide them away from the damn wall!

But if you have the spare cash (roughly $5), pick up a copy of Dead Rising 2: Case Zero on the Marketplace. I grabbed it on release day, and finally got around to playing it a few days ago. If this is an omen of things to come for Dead Rising 2, then I'm so damn happy I pre-ordered this game. The text was bigger, the survivor AI finally allowed them to fend for themselves as you led them to the safe house, and the combo weapons are magnificent! I ripped through over a thousand zombies with a push cart, the paddle-saw (canoe paddle with chainsaws on the ends), the boomstick (shotgun with a pitchfork attached to it), and my number one weapons of choice, the spiked club (baseball bat with nails all over it).

If you're planning on being blazed during DR2, you will have the greatest zombie slaying experience of your life!:D