Dead? or just because they were transplanted

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by paperc07, Aug 14, 2013.

1. I just recently transplanted my clones and 2 of them are looking rough is it just because they were recently transplated or do you think they are dead. Pictures are attached 

Attached Files:

2. Looks like they got 1 foot in the grave

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. what does that mean? 

4. Yes they are dead or close to it. I am not above killing a plant during transplant. Thats why I stick a clone in a 5 gallon pot and let it go. I aint got time for no transplanting. If you stick a seed in the ground and it sprouts, would you want to transplant it? For me, once a plant starts to grow, I let it grow.

5. It means they are close to death.

6. If u know what ur doing and transplant at the right time ur plants won't skip a beat. Its people that don't know what they are doing that kills them during transplant

7. #7 jakesterjammin, Aug 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2013
    Can you explain this "right time" to all of us which you speak of, so our transplanted plants "won't skip a beat" ????  :confused_2:

8. When the roots fill yhe pot and circle around pot u just tip it upside down givr it a tap and it just slides out

• Like Like x 2
  9. So, how do you know the roots "fill yhe pot and circle around pot" if you cannot see through the pot???  :confused_2:
    Or do you have to lift the plant out of the pot and check every week or few days to see if the roots are circling the pot???  :confused_2:

10. I just know from experience. I startrd growing pot in 1976 on midway island. U kinds know how long it tskes to fill a certain size pot

• Like Like x 1
  11. If you can see roots at the bottom of the container at the drain holes,if you can see roots an inch or two below soil, if its in a small container and you have seen no change in growth for 2-4 days, time to transplant.
    At least for me, that is.
    Good luck.

12. Why not just use the pot they're going to flower in and there is no transplanting????  :confused_2:

13. You can if you want to. Little seedling in a 5 gallon bucket, go ahead. You probably wont like it, but you can.

14. U can do that but its easy to overwater in a big pot when they are so little..

• Like Like x 1
  15. Just like i said. You can, but you probably wont like it.

16. #16 jakesterjammin, Aug 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2013
    Notice the image dates, tallest was 14" and shortest was 10" (at the time) and in just a short 16 days......
    I seem to like it, because they seem to like it....  lmfao

View attachment 1251356

View attachment 1251357

Oh, and I use 7gal buckets....  ;)

17. They look good. Did you start them from seed in those 7's?

18. No, they're in Rapid Rooters for their seedling stage....
    So in the Rapid Rooters for 7 days, then they go right into the 7gal buckets, where they will live, and die in the end....

:hide:

19. The first pic was right after they went into the 7gal buckets, and as you can see, the second pic is 16 days later...  :bongin:

20. What kind of soil did you transplant into?