dead leaves, heat stress?? i need help asap

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by destroya, Nov 23, 2013.

1. I just left home for 2 days, plats were watered before leaving, nobody enters the room but me, but i found the leaves like that when i came back. The buds are fine bud the leaves look pale they feel very dry and crusty. I have no idea what could cause this, please check the pictures and let me know if you can help.

Thnx!! 

Attached Files:

2. Hydrate it with a mist sprayer, and start showing it some love is about all you can do.

may as well start some seeds as that one finishes for its last week/s.

Sorry to see that I would be horrified  to have mine dry up.

Next time you leave just turn the light off and put a small water bottle with a pin hole in it to work as a very slow drip irrigation.

3. hey thanks men, i definetly follow ur advice. so u think theres a chance of recovery?  

yea to some degree, try to get some leaves to pull through as they are the plants solar panels. it looks like it has a little while to go so it should finish up OK.

I do a sea of green, lots of smaller plants under a 1,000 watt. I water twice a day or shit dies. No room for error. Just bought a second 1,000W today.

next time pull the light away a few inches and set up the milk jug, pop bottle drip irrigation if you wont be home..

5. well thats some good news, ill have to be extra careful now.

thats sick men, i only have 400 watt lamp, but its very hot here all year long, i struggle sometimes to keep the temps low, and i know its not enough, the lowest you get inside a second floor closet its 28-30 C. imagine if i use more wattage, theyll burn in hell. 

But this is my first plant ever, it was very good so far, but it hasnt been easy. i have another small one, and 3 now growing 12/12 

6. #6 destroya, Nov 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2013
    so other thing is.....what about the fertilizer, should i stop adding nutes? lower the amount? or just plane phd water? 

i dont wanna get it worse

7. I feed with compost tea and worm castings. organic makes it almost impossible to burn the plants.

Well if you could get your grow out with open air its less of a deal to have some heat.

that's crazy dude..

were the pots totally dried out when you came back?

9. #9 Deleted member 697282, Nov 23, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2013
    Looks like they should come back. Some of the leaves are dead, but most look alive still, just very dehydrated

No men, they still had water, in the end i think it was an extreme heat issue cuz of closing the closets door i guess.

11. thnx to everybody for helping

12. Man that's rough. I'm in the same boat as snoop; during heavy growth/flower I water twice a day just to keep up. I agree with setting up an auto water type system; there's probably some good examples round the city if you look. With that said, you stated they stillnhad some water left, and if it were just dehydration you'd see the leaf stems go limp right where they meet the main stem, not sticking out and then going limp where the leaf starts. It looks like more of a heat and possibly humidity issue; possibly VPD.

Keeping them hydrated is a good start, but I think there's more to your environment than running low on h2O.

i agree with u, but its weird my average temps are 32 on the day and 28 night and humidity 47 % - no more than 70% i just cant get it steady, they were just fine , but that day was hot i guess shouldve opened more the closet, an i remember i just watered them with the nutes and stuff, that and the heat probably caused this. i just hope to get her out of this suffering

14. are you running your lights during the day or night? if during they day switch em to night and you should get way lower temps id hope

15. So how are those plants doing??

16. hey man, well all the leafs ended up drying , they were very damaged, so i decided to cut the burnt parts and just leave the green leafs. Amazingly the pland kinda recovered , it kepd producing bud but not at its maximum of course because of the massacre. The bud smell its impressive and well its not the most beautiful plant. It looks like im growing just buds :p. Ill post some pics , not now cuz they are sleeping. And im happy cuz i got 2 more plants which are beautifull, with bud already cuz i put them in 12/12 cuz of my space. But this ones are stunning. But i have no idea when to cut the big one, i ordered a hand microscope but it hasnt arrived yet, but i see a lot of red hairs, but still plently white ones. and i think the bud could develop a little more. cuz the hairs still look long. 

but youll see the pictures later on. 

17. You could always buy one of them things that made for potted plants to add water over time. I cant remember the name Sent from my SGH-I747M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. #18 destroya, Dec 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2013
    so this is how the most damaged one is doing, she didnt produce thick buds and i couldnt get the leaves to look happy. but still i dont know if its ready to cut or not, i hope i can get her produce a little bit more thick buds.

the last photos are my newst plant, they are looking so good, im proud of the progress even experimenting with 12/12 lights from seed.

would love to hear some feedback,

thnx! 

Attached Files: