Dead leaf trimmings/harvest in garbage disposal?

Discussion in 'Security' started by Tommatt, Aug 20, 2010.

1. So, I've been trimming and putting my yellowed leaves in the trash. Probably not the best idea. Although its just a few, as its two plants. Any harm in putting them in the garbage disposal? Doesn't seem much different from letttuce/spinage.

2. If it clogs you'll have a plumber or landlord pulling MJ leaves out of your pipes, so not a great idea...

• Like Like x 1
  3. If they went anywhere in my sewage i would flush them ground and dry.

4. The garbage disposal chops shit up pretty well.

Try putting a bit of rockmelons or any other substantial fruit in with it, grind it it up for a while, then put some water down. Should be undetectable as weed if it gets found.

5. Just rip it apart and spread it around your lawn.

Recycle!

6. I only have 2 plants so its like 6-7 leaves a day, not a whole lot. My current security measure? Find some spoiled food in the fridge that stinks worse than any leaf could lol! I just don't want to get caught. Would the GD really end up clogging from this? My house is 4 years old now, so it should be a newer one.

Just looking at the best way to dispose, as obviously with growing you get a bit paranoid. Right now I have a trash bag with my clippings I was just planning on throwing out somewhere publicly unless I can come up with another way after hearing my GD would get clogged.

7. You might not want to throw them away publicly. What if you get pulled over on the way to dispose of them? Also, forget chunking them in a dumpster at some place of business. I am not sure where you are but in Texas that is illegal, just to be safe.

8. i'd say save it and when you have a good ammount make some butter and compost the plant matter, but leaves wont clog the disposal

• Like Like x 1
  9. Let the wind take care of it.

10. best way i know is to dry, crumble, disperse. nota. cut up stems into little pieces and mix with natural debris. scatter. nota. i believe that if you pay attention to the little details and don't ignore the big details your life can go a lot smoother. hope this helps.

11. Why do people think they can put just about anything down the disposal? The pipes are not designed for large sediment flows. You will eventually clog your pipes.

12. Whats the problem with just putting them in the trash? Where I live you just throw away your own trash in this compactor thing.

13. put them in a blender and make a mojito!

14. where i live bums dig through your garbage in the dumpsters every night, so i never toss leaves in with garbage. leaves get a seperate bag, so at least it can't be traced back to MY door via old mail, receipts, etc...

ideally i take them into the woods whn i have a bunch, and just leave them. sugar leaves are turned into concentrates.

15. This guy knows what he's talkin about haha....

16. I know when the trash truck is around the corner and have my plant garbage in two liners to conceal the smell, when the truck gets to the cans at the end of my driveway, I run out with the bag and toss it into the hopper myself as thou I was late bringing it to them, they have never said a word and I watch the hopper close up and its all gone to the dump.

The soil from the planters gets spread around the yard and none of my neighbors have ever said a word about me adding soil to my yard, they have commented on how well my grass looks, only if they really knew :D :D :D

17. I think best practice is to throw your crap in a food processor and turn into mush, then just toss the mush into a garden/lawn/dirt pile.

18. I could of swore I just answered something very similar to this:

But I normally let my stalks and root balls dry out and then shred the hell out of them with snips. Place in trash bag with other non linked stuff to me and toss it in my trash can on trash pick up day. Only BIG concern I would have is it someone knocked over my bag and then ended up ripping said bag (and bag that contains the actual waste) and then looked at it. If the PO was digging through my trash for evidence I think I would already be f'd and awaiting the knock on the door at that point.

The best way to dispose of it though is via making hash/edibles and the very last remains you throw in a compost pile in your backyard.

Good luck and stay blazed my friends!

19. Compost baby.

Start one in the corner of your backyard you wont regret it.

20. Ive burned mine in my fireplace with wood also of course to mask any strong smells, but leaves and stems really dont out off much smell.