dead heads?

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by schism t00l, Jun 25, 2006.

1. anyone like the grateful dead or neil young?

2. I love them both!!

3. listening to them as i saw this thread on the site haha. love the dead, thought not as much as my dad does. hes a true dead head. has all of their records on lp and saved everyone of their concert tickets he must have like 30 dead concert tickets from the 1960's+. long live jerry.

4. im not a dead head but i do like the grateful dead alot.

ive only heard probobly 15 of their songs though (that i can remember, my first exposure was the first time i got truly ripped, and i mean ripped, i watched a whole concert on dvd and cant remember a thing), any good suggestions?

5. yea heres some good songs

friend of the devil
    dark star
    box of rain
    U.S Blues
    althea
    i know you rider
    rosemary
    truckin'
    Slipknot!
    St. Stephen
    touch of grey
    scarlet bagonias
    shakedown street

idk they have a shit load of songs

6. Fire on the Mountain, and Unlce Johns Band are some other good ones

7. the golden road (to ultimate devotion), casey jones, sugar magnolia, dire wolf, and viola lee blues are all great dead songs!

8. The Dead and Young are both incredible. Neil Young's new stuff is still rockin, im seeing CSNY soon so im pretty pumped.

9. im headed out thursday to gratefull fest 7....5 days of woooooo!!!

10. yea im going to see CSNY in bethel new york sometime this summer

11. You going to that Phil Lesh and Friends show there? I really want to see the Benevento-Russo duo with Trey and Mike; they're opening.

12. Does your dad by any chance smoke pot or has he in the past?

13. hells ya bra! shakedown street kicks ass

14. damn right.

15. oh shit I thought the title said "dread heads?" lol. anyways they ok, but I love the Greatful Dead Movie. some trippy shit.

16. I love em both.

17. ya i love the dead. its funny i started this page at the end of a dead song and the next song on shuffle came up dead. im going to c phil lesh in chicago im pumped. gonna be sick.

if and one needs some good dead songs just check out anything off:
    the arista years
    skeletons out of the closet
    or american beauty

those r the first stuff i listened to and now i got tons. i have a goal to get every studio cd. theres just way to many dick's picks

18. Where's Franklins Tower? Hot as hell tune. Speaking of hell, Hell in a Bucket is a hot tune too!
    Got dix pix CDs 1-6. good collection. but Dead Set has to be the best live cd! Peace brothas, TBug

19. Did anyone say eyes of the world? Its got a trippy sound to it. And the music never stopped lol.

20. i work at nissan pavilion a big concert place and csny came a few nights ago it was probably on of the best concerts i have seen my whole time of working there neil young is amazing