Dead Battery

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by CodeMonkey182, Jan 8, 2012.

1. Hey guys I left the dome light on in my civic and now my battery is dead. When I start to charge the battery all the lights in the car flickers and the horn and alarm go off. Do you guys know what is going on?

2. Could be a electrical short. I would remove the battery from the car and charge it like that and then install the battery when you are ready to start it.

3. K thanks that what I ended up doing.

4. Hey now when I reconnect the battery the horn just keeps blowing. Anyone know why that is?

5. Also all the lights in the car were on when I connected the batterys negative

6. Maybe part of the stock alarm? Shut the driver door and turn the key in it

7. what year is the car?

8. I got it to work. Randomly i went back to connect it and nothing went off. Weird

9. Alot of newer cars 2000+ have redicluious security measure to them. I know im the 08+ civics you can not start the car without the stock radio or an adapter for an aftermaket one.

10. [quote name='"WasntMeh"']Alot of newer cars 2000+ have redicluious security measure to them. I know im the 08+ civics you can not start the car without the stock radio or an adapter for an aftermaket one.[/quote]

Lol so if someone steals your radio your car is disabled? What a pissoff.

11. Sounds like another great reason not to buy a Honda POS

12. The radio is tied to the airbags as well in some cars:D:eek::rolleyes:. Honda civic hybrid for one.