Dead baby?? HEEEEELP!!!!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by LBH, Jun 16, 2009.

1. oh man, looks like I fuct up.

Somewhere I thought I read that we DO NOT water seedlings. Well, I think I let the lights dry out the peat pods too much. When I found this little guy in the morning, it was completely shriveled at the base, exactly where the stem meets the soil. I immediately added water, is it too late?

I also let all the other peat pods soak up a new batch of water till saturated, bad move? good move?

HELP!!

[​IMG]

2. I think that you may be alright still. These lil guys (or hopefully gals) are pretty resiliant. Just make sure you keep a good eye on her for the next few days, and she may bounce back for you. You probably read that overwatering is one of the main mistakes for new growers and that seedlings are vulnerable to all sorts of elemental variables, all of which are true.

Also, what kind/how far are your lights from the plants, and what are your temperatures looking like? I let my soil get very dry before I even think about watering, but this will only work if you aren't subjecting your babies to 95F... (It's totally counter-intuitive to me but they really do like it dry).

Just keep a watchful eye on your soils moisture lvl below the surface (I use solo cups for seedlings and water when the soil is very dry 1" below the surface) and you will be fine, I think.

3. it might pull through...

But if I were you- I'd be germing some more seeds already. I mean, you're not that far in, you'll lose maybe a week.

Learn from your mistake and start over, just don't make the same mistake again, maybe use a cup with some holes in the bottom, won't dry out like the peat pot, those things suck moisture right out of the soil.

4. #4 LBH, Jun 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2009
    Thanks for the timely replies.

I was waiting to move these because I have another post asking if its ok to plant this pod directly in the 5 gal now instead of a smaller container that will only need transplanting again soon?

The seeds are g13 Pineapple express fems, I'd like to at least try and get my $'s worth before junking them and trying again. I have 4 others that are still fine. I have a feeling it's the herb gods telling me 5 plants is too many for my 4x4x5 space, 4 would be better, especially with a scrog,lol.

5. save the stress, plant it in the 5-gal now- if you have room for it. are you only doing one seed? what if it turns out to be male? (knock on wood)

6. #6 LBH, Jun 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2009
  7. ah i see, some femmed pineapple express there. so yes, if you have the room, you can stick em in the 5 gals, though it may mean more watering from the getgo, but the plants won't get stressed from a transplant.

Hope your seedling pulls through!

8. Thanks G-buds and thanks again for the replies....fingers are crossed