DEA Raids Dispensary for Second Time

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by xdog, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Marijuana dispensary in Upland raided by DEA

Canan Tasci and Sandra Emerson, Staff Writerssbsun.com

Created: 03/12/2012 10:40:45 AM PDT

[​IMG]A Drug Enforcement Administration agent enters G3 Holistic Inc. (Jennifer Cappuccio Maher/Staff Photographer)

UPLAND - The federal Drug Enforcement Administration served a search warrant Monday at G3 Holistic Inc., a medical marijuana dispensary that has been at odds with the city for the past couple of years.

DEA officials said they seized at least 25 pounds of marijuana and 89 pounds of edible products containing marijuana, according to the DEA.

No arrests were made.

DEA spokeswoman Sarah Pullen confirmed that the search warrant had been issued at G3 and that the federal agency has been working with the state Attorney General's Office.

G3 President Aaron Sandusky said law enforcement officers also took security camera equipment and raided a safe as well as an ATM from the second floor facility at 1710 W. Foothill Blvd.
    Law enforcement "is acting like a terrorist organization," Sandusky said.

DEA officials came into the dispensary with guns drawn about 9:30 a.m., he said.

"I had four patients in here, and they were all handcuffed and interviewed," Sandusky said.

Law enforcement officials were seen leaving the facility at 11:30 a.m. with evidence bags filled with marijuana.

Paul Chabot, founder of Inland Valley Drug Free Community Coalition, said G3 Holistic has been blatantly disregarding the will of the community.
    "I don't think anyone should be surprised by this action," Chabot said. "This business is in federal law violation from Day One, and we are glad to see the DEA come

[​IMG]Drug Enforcement Administration officials carry away marijuana seized from G3 Holistic Inc. on Monday in Upland. (Jennifer Cappuccio Maher/Staff Photographer)

into the Inland Empire."

Federal law prohibits medical marijuana, but California voters approved the use of the drug for medical purposes in 1996.

Sandusky said it was unfortunate that the state allows the DEA to act in a reckless manner against the people's will and tax-paying organizations.

"The DEA to me is more interested in acting like a political enforcement agency than a drug enforcement agency," Sandusky said.

"It is unfortunate that they continue to steal from the people of the community."

The Upland Police Department was aware of the warrant and provided a uniform presence during the raid for security purposes, according to police officials.

During the raid, law enforcement officers questioned two men on the first floor of the two-story building. Officers had handcuffed one of the men, but the cuffs were later removed.

Sergio Munez, 50, of Ontario was one of the two men who were being questioned by police as he was sitting in his car near G3.

"I'm clean. I have no record," said Munez, who was not handcuffed. "I'm not scared. I've got nothing to hide. They asked if I was a customer, and I said, `A customer of what?"'

Christopher Kenner, a member of G3, said he has been speaking with fellow patients about the raid.
    "We're going to let patients come in and talk to them and decide what we want to do," Kenner said. "As far as I'm concerned, all the patients I've talked to, we're backing Aaron."

Kenner said he is trying to gather patients together to keep the co-op open.

"It is a co-op. The patients run the business," Kenner said. "If we say this is too much, then it's over, which I don't see anybody doing that. Everyone I talked to is upset and ready to go out and do something about it."

The battle between Upland and G3 will soon find its way to the state Supreme Court. Upland's zoning ordinance prohibits medical marijuana dispensaries.

On Jan. 6, the city took the co-op to court on the belief it was open in violation of an injunction granted in August 2010 by the West Valley Superior Court in Rancho Cucamonga.
    G3 appealed the injunction to the Fourth District Court of

[​IMG]Aaron Sandusky, president of G3 Holistic Inc., pauses as he looks around after the Drug Enforcement Administration and San Bernardino County Sheriff's searched and seized items at his Upland business. (Jennifer Cappuccio Maher/Staff Photographer)

Appeals in Riverside. The Appellate Court in June granted a stay on the injunction allowing G3 to remain open pending the resolution of the appeal.

The Appellate Court on Nov. 9 ruled in favor of the city's ban, but G3 appealed the decision to the state Supreme Court, which decided in January to review the case.

The co-op closed after a DEA raid on Nov. 1 but G3's owners re-opened on Dec. 30 because they believed a stay is still in effect since their case is pending.

The Nov. 1 raid involved six locations associated with Sandusky, including medical marijuana dispensaries in Colton and Moreno Valley.

The Supreme Court will now decide if cities can ban dispensaries through zoning.

Upland has spent hundreds of thousand of dollars in legal fees in their battle against G3.

"Over the past months, I have been saying it makes little sense to be spending a half-million dollars in legal fees," Councilman Gino Filippi said. "Allow the feds to do their job and let other cities break new legal ground contesting ordinances. There is no reason for the city of Upland to spend our scarce resources on unneeded legal fees."

In a news release from Inland Valley Drug Free Community Coalition, Chabot demanded Filippi return campaign contributions from G3. In 2010, Filippi received $500 from G3.

"With (Monday's) DEA raid of a location that helped finance Gino's political campaign for City Council, we call upon Gino to return the drug money and denounce businesses that violate the law," said Chabot.
    Filippi recently announced his intention to run for mayor

2. Fuck the federal government and their unwillingness to change National marijuana policy.
    Ron Paul 2012.

3. Fuck PAUL CHABOT!!!

4. paul chabot is a fucking fascist, what a piece of shit. it's too bad good men die in iraq & shit bags like this survive.

i hope G3 stays open but i bet the dea will just come back again..

5. "DEA officials said they seized at least 25 pounds of marijuana and 89 pounds of edible products containing marijuana, according to the DEA.

No arrests were made."

lol i wonder how these bitches get rid of all this weed/edibles, i guarantee you it's not gonna sit in an evidence locker forever.

Fuck the DEA out of all the enforcement agencys they're the biggest joke.

6. This guy Sandusky has been through a lot - he even helped the feds take down the mayor who was extorting money from local businesses and has since been indicted on RICO charges. The feds have returned the favor by first shredding this guys growing operation and then coming by a second time to seize his 25 or so lbs of weed. They have gone so far out of their way to fuck this guy over as an example. Yet - they STILL have not arrested him or charged him. Harassment by and publicity for Paul Chabot and his crusade against laws enacted by the people of the land.

TIMELINE: Battle between Upland, G3 Holistic
    Staff Reportsdailybulletin.com
    Created: 03/12/2012 05:20:08 PM PDT

UPLAND -- The Drug Enforcement Administration on Monday raided G3 Holistic Inc., a medical marijuana dispensary that has had been in an almost constant struggle with city and federal officials in recent years.

Here's a rundown of some of the notable rulings as well as actions from past few years:

November: G3 Holistic opens at 1710 W. Foothill Blvd. in Upland.

August: G3 closed due to injunction granted by West Valley Superior Court in Rancho Cucamonga on behalf of Upland. The city's zoning ordinance bans medical marijuana dispensaries.

September: G3 appeals injunction in Fourth District Court of Appeals in Riverside.

February: G3 files claim with city accusing former Mayor John Pomierski of extortion. According to the allegation, Pomierski tried to extort money from G3 President Aaron Sandusky in exchange for allowing G3 to operate.

March 2: Pomierski indicted on federal extortion charges. He is accused of extorting money from two Upland businesses, Chronic Cantina and quite possibly G3.

June 20: Court of Appeals grants stay on the injunction until G3's case is heard in court.

July 3: G3 reopens.

Nov. 1: G3 is raided by the DEA and then closes because of the confiscation of its medical marijuana and payroll.

Nov. 2: Arguments regarding G3 heard in Court of Appeals.

Nov. 9: Court of Appeals rules in favor of city's injunction based on zoning ordinance that bans dispensaries.

Dec. 12: G3 attorneys files appeal with state Supreme Court.

Dec. 30: G3 reopens under the interpretation that the stay granted by the Court of Appeals is in effect since Sandusky is appealing through the state Supreme Court.

Jan. 6: Upland officials takes G3 to West Valley Superior Court on an ex parte hearing to determine whether they can remain open per the Court of Appeals' stay. Judge Barry Plotkin decides to further review his jurisdiction and the Court of Appeals' stay.

Jan. 9: Upland files motion with Court of Appeals to dissolve the stay granted in June.

Jan. 10: G3 attorney sends letter to Court of Appeals.

Jan. 17: Court of Appeals returned city's motion to dissolve the stay.

Jan. 18 : State Supreme Court grants review of the appeal.

Jan. 19: G3 and the city return to West Valley Superior Court. Judge Barry Plotkin rules in favor of G3 because the case was taken by the state Supreme Court.

March 12: Drug Enforcement Administration agents raid G3 in Upland and seize medical marijuana.

7. "so, Fuck You Mister President! Fuck You today!"

sing along!

:)

8. Glad my tax dollars are being used in the right places, lol these bums shouldn't even have a job, which they know they wont have when weed gets legalized. Not supposed to wish that on anybody, but in the case of the DEA I have to say they deserve it when it comes. Anybody who's happy to accept money and benefits to harass people isn't good in my book.

9. Fuck the DEA man.

10. happens the same way everytime, no arrests, everything taken, the shop ransacked. they pretty much got legally robbed.

11. Why would they even come in with guns? Whats the point?

Its not like the people that run the dispensary are thugs or anything.

12. ha they think they are king shit:smoke:

13. Why the hell do they need to use guns... Its a business open to the public, like who the fuck do you think you are DEA? There just picking and choosing new businesses to ruin, go government for making less jobs when we need more.

14. Im all for government, I will be one of the first to speak up about its usefulness and purpose. But ours is getting out of control, shit like this is no good but what really does it for me is its okay to kill Americans overseas involved in terrorism. Its just becoming power crazy.

15. Dude, if you think the dispensary raids are bad, you ought to see them when they take down a hair salon or a donut shop - absolutely no mercy.

16. Hey! If any of you are looking for any last-minute gift ideas for me, I have one. I'd like Michele Leonhart, right here tonight. I want her brought from her happy holiday slumber over there on Melody Lane with all the other rich people and I want her brought right here, with a big ribbon on her head, and I want to look her straight in the eye and I want to tell him what a cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat-ass, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed sack of monkey shit she is! Hallelujah! Holy shit! Where's the Tylenol?