DEA ignores Obama's orders, raids San Francisco dispensary

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by safariari, Mar 26, 2009.

1. Get the Bush holdouts the FUCK out of the DEA. This is ridiculous. This begs the question if Obama is even able to fill out all of these offices with qualified candidates. The more I see, the more I think he's in way over his head. :mad:

2. obama doesnt care about marijuana reform, he made pretty clear already.:mad:

3. #4 amsterdamage, Mar 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2009

sales taxes? wtf??? doh.gif

So they're saying that the federal Drug Enforcement Administration is now in charge of enforcing California State Sales Tax laws? ..didn't that used to be the job of the California Board of Equalization?

4. It is legal in the State of California to use marijuana for medical purposes. The guy in S.F. was GIVING AWAY MARIJUANA to "poor people". That's still illegal in the state. The DEA didn't do anything wrong. Now, if they had busted the dispensary for the sole reason that they have marijuana then i'd be pissed and say they disobeyed Obama...but that's not what happened.

5. poor people with med cards?

6. I honestly don't know. I have a cousin who lives in S.F and that's all he told me.

7. Fucking DEA LEGALIZE ALREADY ITS FUCKING LESS HARMFUL THAN ALCOHOL YOU HIPOCRITS

8. California does not set the price of medinical marijuana. As long as they have a med card, its up to the dispensary to charge, as in any other business. And sales tax is a state thing, not federal. There's no reason why the DEA would be raiding a dispensary unless its violation of federal law.

9. If that's the case, the is the most egregious reason of all! Sometimes you'll see a business give away food to a food shelf. What difference is there if a person cannot afford their medication and the dispensary is kind enough to help them? Isn't that charity? Drug companies have various patient assistance programs for pharmaceuticals. I think they would only be guilty of making other companies look bad because of their generosity. :confused:
    The beat goes on. Different day, same DEA (and Presidential) stink. :mad:

10. I agree. This seems like a loophole that the DEA is using to continue its raids while Obama covers his ass with his constituents.

Change? LIES!

11. Believe me I'm with you guys! All I know is it's a real sensitive issue right now and if it's true that the dude was giving it away...that'd be enough for the feds to jump in. IMO, they need to leave the peaceful people alone and instead should be focusing on all the crack, heroine and cocaine that's traveling through the Mexican border. That's where they should be. I'm starting to think that both governments are involved in the drug trade. I mean honestly, shouldn't all hands be on deck, so to speak??

12. I knew the DEA couldn't be trusted. We're living in the modern day Babylon. We seriously need to get out of this shit because we all know what happened to Babylon.