Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

De-realization and Weed ? ? ?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Winnyboyblue, Feb 7, 2017.

1. Hey guys !!

I've been going through alot of anxiety and stress lately and my brain just won't turn off and weed the last few weeks really changed for me. Instead of the usual symptoms of M.J, it instantly stopped making things enjoyable, I was bored of everything and would just sit there googling nonsense to pass time..I was having very short irregular panic attacks for a few seconds (heart rate would spike and I would stop breathing without realising sometimes up to a minute which is fuc$ed up).

Then one morning I woke up and felt extremely high, like a 7-10 on the ''how high are you, scale''. This normally happens when I vape till early in the morning and is pretty common among weed smokers. Thing was, I stopped vaping at 9pm and it was 10am...I just shrugged it off, got ready for work and plotted along with my day. I came home, checked my emails and I just tripped out staring at my browser and had a mini panic attack again with extreme anxiety that followed.

I felt..scared, like something really bad was about to happen but I didn't know what. I was overcome with crazy depression and over the next few days it got worse...and worse...and worse, until I fell into some sort of mental state which I could only describe as an immense feeling of being trapped in my own mind. It was like a light switch had just been turned off in my brain, this is when I just stopped smoking and start to Gym, eat well and get out of the house as much as possible...I mean, I started going on random walks for about an hour, sometimes 2 or 3 times a night (nature super relaxes me..I love rain and trees ect so it calmed me down a ton, sunglasses also really helped dim the light and calm me too..strange)

Now is day 5 of not smoking and I can control my thoughts more, I still feel strange and I seldom feel myself start to panic but its getting better. I'm scared to smoke, like..really fucking worried. This has been one of my worst experiences in life thus far. I don't hate the plant, I still see the value in it just like before all this, but I think this will keep me from smoking for a long ass time.

The main reason I posted this is because I have never had mental health problems or taken related medication. Weed has always been very enjoyable for me and I've kept it in moderation. Which is so strange, why did this happen to me, what lead to it..how can I avoid it in future. Has anyone experienced this before and if so, did it change your M.J habbits.

cheers guys ! look forward to hearing yall replies :)

2. Sounds like you had a tough time but at least it seems like you are getting better. I've saw some content about this before and based on what you've feeling, its probably not the weed. It could be coming from some other outside factors that is causing your stress/anxiety or maybe some other underlying condition.

First off, none of us are doctors but some stuff you can ask yourself are what have your sleep/eating habits been lately? Have you been drinking a lot of energy drinks? Caffeine? Some, if not all of the above could actually work against you. The best thing I could recommend is be active and go to the gym, keep your mind busy and off of thinking about it. The more you research and trick your mind into believing that the weed did this to you the longer the symptoms will pprobably last.

3. Sounds like... you might be a lightweight!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  4. You see, this is what gets my goat. You cite all these problems associated with MJ and then you want to know how to avoid it. I got bad news for ya. Its not gonna stop. You have to quit smoking weed or suffer the consequenses of panic attacks. Sorry bro.

5. yeh I might agree with you, except the fact that the last 3 years theres never been the slightest in bad effects for me...I don't think someone can go from completely fine to the next day extremely fucked up.

6. It's kinda bein' like, "I was drinkin' heavily wit da boyz & I was feeling great. All of a sudden I feel my guts bubbling and I start vomiting 20 times in a row. I blacked out and woke up, dry heaving another 10 times, exhausted, head pounding... What happened and how do I prevent it from happening again in the future?"

• Like Like x 1
  7. Guys, cheers for the blanket case replies...really helps :) NOT. I think it would be more like if I have a glass of wine every night(I don't drink but for the sake of the example)...one night it gets me totally fucked up after 3 years. I want to know or try and understand why this happened from people that experience the same shit. I'm not citing problems coming from M.J, because I just don't fucking know if its from M.J or something else (anxiety, depression, DP/DR).

I'm sick to death of seeing people like you 2 just throwing the blanket answer of..don't smoke weed. If you read, I acknowledged that it could be a problem that just popped up out of nowhere and I am taking a long break, if not forever. I want to know why out of nowhere, after 3 years of perfectly fine smoking this has happened. But hey, cheers anyway.

8. Ok. I suggest you go see a doctor. I am not a doctor, sorry.

Now then, that being said, it appears my response hurt your butt and you need a hug from your Uncle Coty don't you? That's right, bury your face in my chest and cry it out......there there.......

• Like Like x 4
  9. Weeds not for everyone you know

• Like Like x 2
  10. Paranoid bullshit. I was there at one point but I stopped being a pussy and started using logic and researching facts.

• Like Like x 4
  11. It really does bring great joy to my heart to know, that with my help, another pair of panties somewhere out there have been bunched up.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  12. TL;DR

Got to the part where you woke up high then realized...
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  13. Just want to say thanks a ton for the replies, really helped me realise these forums aren't the place to seek help unless you want to be taken as some sort of joke. Peace.

14. We're glad to be of service. Ask silly questions and you'll get silly answers. If you can't handle weed don't smoke it Billy.

• Like Like x 3
  15. We're just havin' some fun here. Everybody is always bustin' each others balls :laughing: Most of us are stoned currently or permabaked and can brush off a lil silliness.

It's more so the stupider the question/thread the harder ones balls will be busted.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Hey just wanted to put in my $0.02 I haven't read all the comments yet but I also had the same thing happen to me. I caught a lung infection from my job as when I smoked I would go in panic attack seven after my lungs were fine so I quit for a few weeks but couldn't take in not being able to smoke so I tried and almost had a heart attack but shortly after I calmed down and realized it was in my head. I think being clear headed helped with that. But then I just started smoking heavy again and they went away once my tolerance went up

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum