Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

de carbing stems?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Whatpottt123, Aug 22, 2019.

1. so i keep stems from the past and now i want to de carb them to add thc to the edible im making.

is it still 40 minutes at 240 degrees. Id think this should be longer as the stems are harder to break down, even some if you cut it to shreds.

2. Boof them

3. I think you would be better served by shaking your stems for any keif stuck to the stems. Stems themselves do not contain THC. Here is a quote from Royal Seeds- "If you are not one of the many people who happily grind the stems up with their buds, then you have a nice stem collection. Stems themselves don't produce resins, but they do collect residues from the flowers they carried and nurtured. Being cannabis, it makes sense that they must have some kinds of value and over time it is possible to assemble quite a collection." If you do decide to use your stems whole, decarb them as usual 240F for 40 minutes. If you shake them for the valuable keif, decarb it the same way. Good luck. Let us know what you do. It helps the next toker.

4. This guy just posts to start arguments. Couple days ago he wanted to snort and inject weed

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Thanks for the head up. I didn't notice it was the same poster.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. I just throw mine in as excess when I make a butter, so yes it gets decarbed...though I do my quantities in pure bud first. Additional. Not instead of.

• Like Like x 1