DDPs first attempt

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by DDP, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Like he says ^^^ make a few clones just in case!

I think it will bounce back from that, if the main stem is broken but still attached just leave it alone, it will fix itself pretty quickly

2. Cool thanks guys. The clones looked a bit wilted this morning, watered with kelp. The plant that got smashed is looking ok. Have everyone a good drink, my SBA took an entire gallon! I foliar deeded kelp once more and took cuttings from the 3 strains. Keeping my fingers crossed! In a week I should have a new exhaust fan and will desperate my plants Into veg and flower! So excited!!!

http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1277190-DDPs-first-attempt

3. How is that led working for you and how big of a panel did you get?

Sent from my N9100 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. I bought what everyone is calling a 900 and 1200 model. The 900 maybe a little small for a 4X4 if your tent is full unless you have the light about 20" above the tops, you start to get some shadows along the edge. The 1200 covers great and I am keeping the light a little closer than that. I will say the 1200 gives off a bit more heat, my temp raised 2-4 degrees and I turned my fan from "2" to full blast "5".

5. Well you are doing a great job man *bongin*

6. How are they coming along duder?

7. Sorry I was away in Malaysia for a few days. I was hoping to setup the second tent yesterday and flip the girls but..... The fan shop hasn't restocked the fan I bought a month ago so I spent the day hunting down fans. I THINK I will go with an 8" fan and run both tents off one... But I can't find any 8" flex line.
    The damaged plant still doesn't have any new growth on top, but lots of new growth on the side. The bagseed is now the tallest plant I have and that's in a short grow bag stead if 5gal bucket!
    I did 4 cuttings of 3 plants, I've lost 2 cuttings of one plant. I have them I. Little seedling hot house, hoping the rest take off. I picked up some rock wool yesterday and will try a few more cuttings today.
    I ordered some peat miss and pearlite yesterday but it will be a week for the peat. I'm thinking of ordering some geopots (I hear they are higher quality versions of smart pots) and also some airpots, to do some testing (also quite difficult to find plain 5 gallon buckets here...
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1398121385.179871.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1398121427.563065.jpg
    Oh yeah, I made a little frame for my oscillating ceiling fan. It slides up and down the back corner poles, and the height is adjusted by a chain :) ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1398121557.112109.jpg

Ok correction, I've lost 2 more cuttings, the stem seemed to have melted away under the soil. I'm guessing too much moisture?
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1398121778.313203.jpg

I want to get the clones (about a week old) into a tent, but as you can see, it's a bit crowded.

8. #116 Stoned_Stew_UK, Apr 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2014
    Did you pick up a Y connector for the ducting? Think you said about it a little while ago!
    Or are you going from tent to tent first?

Your plants are looking good, like that frame you made for the oscillating fan too, good job dude!

Yep your damaged plant will sort itself out, this one of mine was badly damaged but fixed itself in the end and sprouted a 2nd top :)
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1398165100.396868.jpg

9. No I can't find one!!! I know of a place that MIGHT have it... It's about 50 kilometers away and it's "just past a filling station". Gee sounds like a can't miss place.

I would like to get a Y and have one inlet carbon filter in each tent, but I'll have to wait and see what I can find here.

Man I can't believe the change in your plants recently. They're looking great. Can't wait to see your next grow

10. #118 Stoned_Stew_UK, Apr 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2014
    If you cant get get a Y connector easily, i don't think it will cause too much of a problem piping it tent to tent with the size of the fan you are going to use!
    The LEDs don't kick out that much heat (its not like you're running 600w hps in each tent) so its more for air circulation right?

I think my next grow will be much better than this.
    This was a bit of a mess from day one lol, too cold, over watered for a while, bad compost, then too hot for a long time!

Learning so much from this grow though!
    My next is going to be a good one, i can feel it!

Think ive decided on planting one of the Northern Lights auto fem i have. Fast grow and a pretty heavy yield from them!
    I had a look at a few NL auto grow journals and some of them are monster plants even under CFLs!
    Just hope my cab will be big enough for just 1 plant lol

11. Next time you go by any mountains can you take a picture man. I have always wanted to go there