DC Universe Online (DCUO)

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by Madmike420, Jan 11, 2011.

1. So DCUO comes out today and servers go up at 10am EST! I'm a be ass deep in this game in a couple hours, I will be playing on PS3! If anyone else on here is gonna be playing just PM me your PS3 ID with DCUO in the subject and I'll add you!

2. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7Nf-m6WGl4&feature=channel]YouTube - DC Universe Online - Cinematic Trailer (Comic-Con '10)[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83A6zONwAEg]YouTube - DC Universe Online Trailer[/ame]

3. was checkin this out on steam just now, how is it so far?

4. This game is epic... especially while stoned!

5. Lol when i first saw the full video for this, i couldnt tell if it was going to be a movie or a game for soooo long i was thinking "please be a game please be a game please be a game!!!" and it was.... and now i know nothin about it hahahahahah

Is it pay to play? (as in subscription)

6. yeah. it's about $15/month but they DO have a lifetime membership thing ($200 and you can play for life... not a bad deal if you really enjoy playing it.)

7. My only question is will Sony royally fuck themselves over again?

Can't see it happening since Blizzard has pretty much laid the groundwork for this gen's MMO's

Looks cool, I hate paying for more than 1 sub game at a time.. not that I play wow anymore..

8. I will be getting this soon hopefully.

9. #9 Yourcatdead, Jan 19, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2011
    How is it? Really interested in this.

Been following production for this for a few months. So far the interwebz review has said it sucks.

10. cool gameplay

11. well, the game itself is awesome but if you end up getting a glitch or bug, good luck with getting it resolved... the Sony team is very VERY unhelpful in addressing most technical issues.

maybe the people saying it suck are experiencing errors/bugs?

i will admit, the game has it's bugs and they're very frustrating but the game itself when it's working is awesome.

12. so basically SONY still can't get it?

sad, blizzard pretty much laid out how to do an MMO.

13. pretty much. if i could, i would have loved to have microsoft take care of it. they may not be the best but at least they're a little better at addressing issues.

though, all things considered, blizzard making the MMO one of the most popular form of game (translate: profitable) so i guess Sony's only seeing dollar signs.

pity. it's a great IP to make an MMO out of (and it does play awesome when it works.)

14. blizzard followed EVERQUEST's footsteps, so actually Sony made the money first, but Blizzard really got it mainstream.

look at how many mmos have been released since then trying to "dethrone" wow? lol

15. Anyone have a spare buddy code they can send me? The wife and I would like to check it out before dropping the cash on it, thanks in advance if you do :)

16. Im lvl 30 on will be blood server.

Come join me if your a hero.

17. what this guy said :D

18. I'm a villain on the killing joke server.

Got it a few days ago on PS3, I'm only level 15, but have had a lot of fun so far, Legends PVP is awesome, I unlocked the Joker finally and love his damage and jetpack.

Quests get pretty repetitive though, the exploration ones are the best to me, flying around stoned with my rocket boosters is great.

UI needs improvement and I've had some random freezes/disconnects but nothing too frustrating.

19. yeah we got it for PC, along side a xbox type controller the game kicks major ass. We are having a blast with it so far.

SuperladMK1 on Last Laugh. Yes he's a complete rip off of Superboy, but an android, with a mohawk, he was made as a throwaway toon just to test out the game, but has evolved into a freaking bad ass.