Dbuds first Hydro run.

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by dbud, Aug 25, 2012.

1. Cab-36x24x72
    Lights-4 cfl 24 watt 6500k
    1 Lights of America t8
    System-2 Dwc
    Nutes- General Hydro
    Strain- Unknown BagSeed

Welcome Grasscity to my first indoor grow. Decided to take the plunge with a simple Dwc system. Cost me less then $60 Total. The cab cost me roughly $60 as well. Misc items I have maybe $100 wrapped up in.

Well as of 8-22 i soaked seeds in tap water( ph5.3 ppm 224(ph after ajustment)) for 24 hours. i then removed the seeds to a damp paper towel. and today perfect 3/3 on a germ rate. Ph'd my rapid rooters over night and place the seeds into them this afternoon. have the seeds in # inch net pots to allow easy dunking into a very week nute solution. plan is to then move the two best "girls" into there 10 net pots on there new 5 gallon home.

[​IMG]

Reason

[​IMG]

2. #2 dbud, Aug 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2012
    Well today i was visiting an old friend and he gave me 6 of what are supposed to be grand daddy purp seeds. i dont know if this is through but he showed me a picture of the nug he found the seeds in and if so i believe it. darkest purple iv ever seen on a bud. lets hope i get a seed with that pheno it would be pretty awesome.

So i put two in my germ jar and ill see what happens. ill probably just save the best plant of the three unknown seeds i have, and put the purps in the dwc. i really need to get on a hps and a few more Veg cfls soon. also needing a cheap ventilation set up thinking 2 computer fan pulling air through a carbon filter through both sides and a large computer fan for my exhaust out of the top of the box.

Any advice id love to hear. thanks for stopping by

3. Also in all the time i have been on this site. which would be probably 6 years i have never seen anyone using the large 10 inch net pot lids. why? did i mess up should i just cut holes in regular lids for my 3.5 inch net pots and use them.

4. #4 dbud, Aug 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2012
    8-28-12
    Had a bag seed sprout this morning been so long since i have seen the beauty of a growing MJ plant.

Still nothing new with the GDP seeds they are still in water and in a dark place hoping they germ soon.

Well did a renovating on my cab since my last up date plan on doing some more shortly for some ventilation. temps with only 4 CFL running seems to stay right around 83-84 with no ventilation at all. gonna add an exhaust fan to the top corner and drill two small intake holes in the bottom. Found two free 430 watt hps ballasts yesterday so ill be trying those out. needs socket and cord but i plan to order those when i buy my bulb. any help on a good place to order those things would be much appreciated.

thanks for the visit yall.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Sorry still trying to figure out he image shrinking.

6. Had to laugh when i saw the Diamond brand and adress. I use to get all my gear from them ....20yrs ago! That stuff is on borrowed time ...the company hasn't existed for a long time and they weren't all that to start with...i be careful if i were you.

7. What would you recommend then. considered getting a cheap amazon or hgt light package. which would cost me roughly the same as setting either of these up to run.

8. Free vs $$$.I say go to local hydro and haggle. Make them match amazon price...most reputable places will. Use the free stuff for spares. If store bought ballast goes down in middle of cycle they will replace. Free stuff goes down you're screwed because now you MUST spend $$$ you hadn't planned on.Buy online you pay to ship it back, plus you have to deal with customer service...good luck with that. Those old Diamonds are famous for the capacitor burning out...just saying

9. 8-30-2012

My sprout still looks the same as two days ago looks really healthy besides no leaf formation at all. Also one of my mystery GDP seeds sprouted tap this morning YAY. ready to get it into a rapid rooter and start watching her grow. as far as the lights go i think im going to order a smaller 250 watt system considering the size of my cab, and in the future ill have these bigger ballast to experiment with in a bigger room.

10. #10 dbud, Sep 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2012
    9-2-2012
    Well today is a good day sprout finally popped some beautiful green leaves. Checked my ph and it was crazy out of wake 8.7 so i dropped that to a 6.0 then add an extra ML per bucket will let sit then re test.

As for the MGDP hasn't made any advances toward the sun yet, but still hopeful.

Will post pics of the minor achievement i have made into hydro. Temps are in the mid to high 80 and humid around 60 most of the time any suggestions.

Also thinking of building own 175 watt flower led. More on that later when i get to the computer.

11. Is keeping the rapid rooter to moist causing my MGDP to not grow in search of water been a few days was expecting something by now? temp also wont leave the mid 80s door open or closed.