Daze on Dagobah

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Koba Yenobi, May 7, 2022.

1. Current Strains:

Tropicanna Banana (Barney’s)
    Double Banana Kush (White Label)
    The White OG (Seedsman)
    Peyote WiFi (Seedsman)
    The Original Skunk #1 (Seedsman)
    ECSDXGDP (Shoreline)
    Charlottes Angel CBD (Dutch Passion)
    Dark Plasma (Ocean Grown)
    Runtz Muffins (Barney’s)
    OG Kush (Cali Cut)
    Wedding Cake (Barney’s)
    StarDawg IX (Top Dawg)
    Sour Diesel BX4 (Top Dawg)
    Bdzrkr (Swamp Boys)
    Strawberries and Cream F2 (Exotic)
    Island Chill (Exotic)
    Zkittles x GG4 (Pheno Finder)

My preferred method of growing is DWC/RDWC with Jacks 321, Homemade Hammerhead, Homemade Terpinator, Bennie Tea, RapidStart, Homemade MOAB, and Cal-mag Plus. But I’ll be switching to Athena Pro Line soon.

I have a lot of Soil plants in doing 12/12 from seed already started transplants. Running Happy Frog Soil, Europonic Fossil Fuel, Worm Castings, with Fox Farm Dirty Dozen nute lineup.

Just started growing again. I have 2 more 1000 watt HPS lights on the way. The room will be 4000 watts.

The Top Dawg, Swamp Boys, and Exotic Genetics seeds are on the way and already paid for. I also am going to order a Tissue Cultured clone of Chemdog and Orgn Kids Banana OG but those aren’t 100% yet so I didn’t put them on the list. I’ll also be switching to LEDs, Building a 20 site RDWC, And a lot of other upgrades. Just got my caregivers license back so if you would like to see my journey back welcome. I’ve been growing for almost 20 years and a second generation “farmer” but am always learning as will never know everything.
    My first soil grow this way (using adds and Indoors) so open to advice. Trying to follow Chemdogs guide from his High times interview.
    So welcome everyone and remember.
    Smoking Swag Kills.

5032F826-AA2A-47EF-8448-5C84329AF25B.jpeg
    F2600703-4D35-46E1-880A-CC084499C2D2.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  2. Some Old Photos of my last grow setup.

F469A654-2FA0-4B3B-A958-41C239A6775F.jpeg FE3BBA80-19BA-4E09-B904-5C63AEB89285.jpeg 0692FDCA-1235-43FF-A0DA-BB194AA4B720.jpeg AB06E2DB-78D8-43AF-8611-F0CA4B0523F0.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  3. Welcome back to the fold!
    Have you considered living soil vs nute fed soil?

• Like Like x 2
  4. #4 Koba Yenobi, May 9, 2022
    Last edited: May 9, 2022
    I started hydroponics about 15 years ago and haven’t done a lot with soil since. Can you summarize the advantages or provide a link for me? This is the Modified Version of Chemdog’s grow style back from his Hightimes Interview.

• Like Like x 1
  5. #5 Koba Yenobi, May 9, 2022
    Last edited: May 9, 2022
    BCB1E4B3-D28F-4AA8-9431-106F99469F57.jpeg
    Went to soil last night:
    6 East Coast Sour Diesel x GDP
    2 The White OG
    1 Tropicana Banana
    1 Dark Plasma #1 mother

Should have some genetics here soon. Forget the Ze Chem and Banana OG wasn’t vibing with the vendor, not a good start so I just pulled out. Found a vendor for clones that makes me very comfortable can’t wait to start doing business with them.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Well, it all boils down to personal preferences on growing style. You do you man!
    But, I also have grown hydroponic, coco, and then moved to living soil. Let me tell you, nothing holds a candle to the full expression of the cannabis plant provided by properly maintained, microbe dominant soil. I’m constantly blown away by the bag appeal. Mega potent due to the synergy provided between the high terpene levels and robust cannabinoid profile. Highs that last much longer, and the tastiest, most flavorful product I’ve ever been honored to put on the shelves for our clients.
    I hear this daily from folks at the counter.
    Try it out sometime!:thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  7. If I could like ur post I would like the crap out of it sir. Kinda blew my mind a bit. I’ll definitely look into it.

8. Careful! It’s a deep rabbit hole lol!
    But learning about organic growing and soil biology can change your whole outlook on life. It did for me anyway!;)

9. Yeah it’s gonna work out since I ordered a bunch of landrace gear to try to rework a version of the true skunk phenotype of the Oldschool skunk everyone talks about from the 80’s

10. I ordered Columbian Gold landrace seeds and Afghan Landrace seeds. I already have Mexican landrace seeds but they’re not very specific. They list Mexican sativa but there’s a lot of varieties. I’ll just look for the most skunk phenos.

11. I'm not well versed in landrace genetics but is this more marketing hype? Like selling formula as milk?

It would just surprise me that unadulterated parental genetics from 50+ years ago are still around.

12. They’re not still around unfortunately. I just want a true skunk pheno and some old stuff. I figure if I make F2s out of each strain and then cross it would give me a massive genetic profile of recessive genes to play with. But hype?? I don’t sell seeds and don’t want to. It’s a plant out here for people like me who hate this place.... after I cross it if anybody want seeds to help me hunt it well call me Kami CannaSeed man. It’ll be a while till then tho.

13. 8E6F72EE-27A5-41A8-AC52-C18A378DEFD9.jpeg Stardawg IX & Sour Diesel BX4
    Starting November-December.
    Going to pheno hunt the banana and og Raskal hybrid gear I got and keep the OG Kush Mother (tester in flower) so I’ll just run clones off those 3 strains and push everything else through. Work these 3 till the end of the year. After that my plant limit will go back to 60 instead of 24 and I can actually start working. It’s a pain to try and pheno hunt and keep mothers while I have this limit so I need to get dialed in ASAP. The Stardawg and Sour D BX4 are going to be around for a long time though after they’re set up.

14. #14 Koba Yenobi, May 27, 2022
    Last edited: May 27, 2022
    Cleaning everything and updating.

15. #15 Koba Yenobi, Jun 3, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2022
    Shopping List:
    -Seed Vault-
    StarDawg (Top Dawg Stardawg IX)
    Sour Diesel (Top Dawg BX4)
    Chemdog (Still Need)
    Shoreline (Shoreline’s Shoreline BX)
    Pinkmans Goo (Still Need)
    Columbian Gold (World Of Seeds)
    Panama Red (Still Need)
    OG Kush (Cali Clone)
    Bubblegum (Shoreline Bubblegum BX1)
    Super Silver Haze (Still Need)
    Romulan (Still Need)
    White Fire OG (Testing Hybrids)
    Skunk (Testing Seedsmans Version)
    Cheese (Still Need)
    Banana Kush (Testing Hybrids)
    Starfighter (Still Need)
    Super Lemon Haze (Still Need)
    Acapulco Gold/Mexican Oaxacan (Still Need)
    True Purple (Have 50 plus Purple Kush x GDP BX1 Seeds)
    Sweet Tooth (Still Need)

-Equipment List-
    4x HLG Scorpion LEDs -5200
    1x 8” Inline Fan -200
    CO2 System -300
    1x Hurricane Fan -40
    RO System -200
    55 Gallon Rez -100
    Transfer Pumps with Hose -75
    Manual Rosin Press -450
    Airoclean Air System -1000
    5 Gallon Fabric Pots x25 -100
    Bulk Coco and Perlite (May Add Peat Moss)
    Athen Pro -500
    2” Neoprene x50 -25
    Yellow Sticky Traps -25
    Rockwool -20
    RC Outlets -15
    Wall Vent Ports 8” x2 -15
    Other Misc Items -
    Dehumidifier And Humidifier -500
    Environment Control System -500
    Power Strips -40
    Hygrometers -50
    Carbon Filter -150

Most likely switching Back to 5 gallon Coco and Perlite after I install the new lights. First I’m going to cover the floor with a white coating and replace the poly on walls. Still have to wire everything to 240 as well but I have everything for that. Until I finish this, just running clones of the OG Kush Perpetually unless I find a keeper Banana Kush or OG Raskal Hybrid. I’ll add them in if a keeper is found. Going back to coco just seems like best method right now. I’ll be switching to Athena Pro as well, tired of mixing up nutrients from scratch. I’ll post pictures when it’s all done. Finally about to finish rebuilding my grow room and seed Vault.

16. #16 Koba Yenobi, Jun 5, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2022
    Did the electrical today (wiring the 240v), removed the carpet leftovers , leveled the floor, sealed the room with caulk and cleaned.
    7DEDF907-D986-475C-9EF3-175C5BDDBE3E.jpeg B6947568-20A5-472B-A6EF-565F32C8462C.jpeg 5AF99254-B936-4BFF-878F-E83F19E794A9.jpeg

17. Next update I’ll have 4x 1000 watt HPS bulbs in there. I’m getting them for 100$ each so I can use them till I have the money for the LEDs. So next to do list Check List:
    1. Figure out what I’m going to cover the floor with. I’m between just doing laminate or just sacking up and trying DIY Epoxy/Resin Floors.
    2. Hang 2 lights.
    3. Install 1x intake and 2x outtake 8” wall vents
    4. Use a white tape to seal edges of poly.
    5. Hook up vents lights at a positive pressure. (Fan blowing into lights and out of room, carbon filer over exaust.)
    6. Hook up Intake to evaporative cooler. (It helps raise the humidity.)
    7. I have a flowering LED over my veg plants 400 watt I’m going to switch that out with T5 blues. Just gotta keep mother and clones.
    8. Figure out off I can run this led upside down or horizontal. I’ll use in flower room.

18. C66DB4FF-762B-4D22-BB2D-5F58DDAEE952.jpeg 368C28A5-6A95-443C-A385-69C47834E906.jpeg
    Yes sir. I’m buying a old 50-60lb tank from a local welding shop and build a rain system. This will be temporary, until I buy the titan automated setup.
    The 2 Temporary lights I got are Hydrofarm Raptors with Solis-Tek Digital Ballast. (I remember when these were top of the line and I got all of it for 200$ now). Got to go to the hydro store and get some items though.
    Current Stage Shopping List:
    120-240v adapters
    HPS Bulbs
    8” In-line Fan w/ducting
    5 gallon buckets and lids
    Hydroton
    3.75” Netpots x46
    Neoprene Inserts x50
    Hurricane Oscillating Fan
    Plywood (For Mounting Ballast)
    Expanding Foam
    Laminate Floor (Decided on this route for now. I’ll use something white since it’ll come out later anyways.)
    8” Ducting Clamps
    Heavy Duty Power x2
    White Paint
    15’ 240v cords x3

Next Shopping list will be for the RO System, Humidity Systems, and Athena Nutrients.

Most of what I’m getting will be used in the final product just for a different purpose. I’m also going to be using 2x4 to connect 2 roof studs together before I hang my lights.