Dayz Standalone Discussion and Players Hub

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by burned one, Feb 14, 2014.

1. I haven't seen a dayz thread, so I decided to make one. I'm having a lot of fun with the game, and can't wait until they add more stuff in!

Let's meet up and play, yeah?

Add me on steam: plz Dough

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Is the standalone out yet? Or still a beta? Heard was coming out In stores just dunno when

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. #3 burned one, Feb 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2014
    Standalone is in alpha stage now, but it's available on steam. Rocket said it would take around a year for it to get to beta, I believe.

4. That game is a trip man. I've had some weird experiences on it. Yeah I'd be down to play add me on steam: Felonious_Monk

I'm in California and on a really fast internet connection, LIke 28mbps down. So yeah I can pretty much play on any server you can find. Later alligator.

5. #5 tokin', Feb 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2014
    I'm loving this game right now. Dean says it's at about 20% completion right now...it's gonna be epic when it's fully complete. I love how organic the game is, like how in certain areas of the map clans will try and create a safe zone and keep bandits out. Stuff like that.

Three things I can't wait to be added are bows and arrows, vehicles and hunting.

Hit me up on steam. Cky2k123, I play under the name [NDE]Optical, I added you OP

6. #6 Iknuksohgong, Feb 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2014
    Add me on steam, Inkawgnito

7. Did anyone try out the 100 slot server on experimental?

8. #8 tokin', Feb 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2014
    Lots of stuff to look forward to!! :metal:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19ehC8kwoWE

9. #9 burned one, Feb 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2014

Well, life. It was nice knowing ya buddy. *retreats to man-cave to play dayz*

On a more serious note, I'm excited for these new additions. Especially physics! That's one thing about dayz that kinda breaks the immersion for me you know? How shit just disappears and reappears lol

Edit: Also what are your thoughts on rocket leaving bohemia?

10. I don't think the game will suffer just because he's leaving, he was the spark that got it started and there is a whole team of good people working on the game

11. Just got a gaming rig so I'm looking forward to playing DayZ, can't afford it right now though. :( Was thinking about waiting at least for beta before I got it anyways. Didn't play the mod, and I'm still getting used to PC controls too, so I'm sure the Bambis would be taking full opportunities of my noob status.

12. #12 tokin', Feb 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2014
    I think you mean Bandits ;) Bambis are fresh spawns.
    I think now is the best time to learn, for someone that's new to PC gaming I think you'll find it easier learning as the game grows.

As far as I know, the beta won't be until the end of this year.

Ah, well shows how much I know. I might get it here soon, like I said I'm broke anyways so it'll be a while before I could get it. I know I good bit about it, watched a lot of people play it on youtube, like Frankie and such.

I just know I'm gonna be a terrible shot, I have played shooters on PC before, but not one with true iron sights, so it's been weird playing Planetside 2, Loadout and games like that.

14. I played for like 2 hours last night and everyone was just shooting right off the bat.

Any tips on finding servers where people are more friendly? It's pissing me off how people treat this game like glorified tdm. Can't even run into the supermarket without sniper bullets popping everywhere and fuckers chasing after you with a fire axe.

Lol makes for some heart pounding experiences though. I've never been legitimately scared for my character's life in a game before now.