Days like this are the story of my life. :/

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by zoranj, Dec 23, 2008.

1. I was late for work this morning because the end of my driveway got plowed in once again. So, I had to shovel my way out, and then there was someone driving 20 the whole way when the roads were perfectly clear of snow or ice.

Everyone in my house gave me a giant list of things they needed grocery shopping since I had mentioned I might go after work today. I get home from work, smoke a j and go grocery shopping. I was actually quite delighted to go, because I could make sure I had everything I need to cook Christmas dinner. In addition, knew I had the house to myself, have been feeling down lately, and cooking something special just for me might cheer me up some.

Naturally, the store is a fucking madhouse with Christmas so close, but then my grandparents, who are out christmas shopping, keep calling and adding things for me to get. This causes me zig zag all over the store when I'm particularly anal about going in a specific order.

It takes me 3 tries for me to make it up my driveway, since it's dark and cold, and now everything is icy. I leave my car running so that I will have music and heat in between the many trips I will have to take from car to house.

I backed up my driveway so in order to get to my house, I must cross down in front of my car. With my hands full of bags, I attempt my first trip. I slip on the ice despite being careful, abd fall hard on my ass. Bags go flying everywhere in complete defiance of my pathetic attempts to hold on as I fall. My driveway is a long steep hill,and as I already said it's real icy, so yep,the bags slid ALLLL the way down to the bottom, most of their contents falling out along the way.

I go retrieve all the items, put them back in bags, and carry them inside. I go for trip #2, and as I reach to open my car door, I cant. It's locked. I'm well aware my keys are in the ignition, but fortunately I have a spare set. As I run back to my house to get them, I stop and remember that this morning I couldn't find my keys so I used the spare set to start my car. My grandmother handed me my keys as I was walking out the door, and I didn't have time to bring the spare set back in. Sure enough, I walk up to my car door and the spare set is sitting right on my passenger seat. I have to go get a coat hanger and spend 30 minutes trying to break into my car.

Once I'm finally in, I shut the car off, put the keys in my pocket and grab some more bags. I bring them inside.

Trip #3: I don't want to make a trip #4 since I'm rather exasperated. I grab all the rest of the bags and notice that one is particularly heavy. I take two steps, and the heavy bag rips, and all the contents fall to the ground and, yep, you guessed it, slide all the way down to the bottom of my driveway. Whoever bagged my groceries put 2 half gallons of juice, a half gallon of eggnog, and a 5-lb bag of sugar all in the same bag and didn't double bag it. Smart.

I'm finally cooking the dinner I was looking forward to for myself, but I just don't have the enthusiasm that I did....

:pFeel free to laugh at my misfortunes. Don't feel bad about doing it. It's ok.

2. hahaha about half-way through i would've lost it, i hate it when shit like that happens

3. Damn. You need some weed. :smoking:

4. #4 THC GreenMan, Dec 23, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2008
    i know how u feel, sometimes we have these crappy days. its usually better tommorow tho

5. haha wow truly entertaining, you seriously no joke should make that into like a short movie or something, like a five min one haha. of course it prolly be borin in the grand world but it be entertaining for sure haha. its a good thing you had weed or you would of gone postal:smoking:

6. Whoever would laugh at that, is scum on earth. That sounds like such a sucky situation. I feel ya man. Every day I have to practically push my car out of my driveway cause theres about 10 in of powdered snow. But trust me, karma will make up for these bad days with some wonderful days. Keep on keepin on!

7. yeah... I totally would've killed someone
    lucky that didn't happen to me...
    but in the meantime..
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA <3

8. I hate days like that!

I hope tomorrow is better though :)

9. #9 Big Flips, Dec 23, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2008
    Wow, that sucks and I feel bad for you. I know how annoying things can get, and then the weather just makes it that much worse. Keep your head up!

Edit- And oh by the way, that bagger is terrible! I bagged groceries for 2 years, and those shouldn't have been in the same bag, regardless of whether it was double bagged!

10. ^ she also put toxic household cleaner in with raw food items....

11. I wouldn't of picked that shit up off the end of the driveway to be honest.

12. ^ what was I gonna do? Just leave it? After I Just dropped like $250 ?

13. I don't know. Sorry, I'm just really pissed off.

No, I wouldn't of left it there, but I probably would of broke something when my keys got locked in my car.

+Rep for keeping your cool, I would of flipped

14. Wow Zoranjj I would have lost it...then gone inside and ordered a pizza. Cudos to you for still cooking after all of that!

I've had many many days like this. I'm sorry - it sucks.

I hope you are all cozy and smoking for me now! :)

15. hhahahaha i can picture you falling and having to go all the way down to the end of your driveway, looking around to see if anybody noticed you falling lol

16. I didn't give a shit if anyone noticed if I fell at that point.. Plus, my house is pretty secluded...

17. Awe, i hate it when that happens. When one thing goes wrong, and it just dominoes from there.

Hey, look at it this way, at least your CAR didnt slide to the end of the driveway, and end up in the road.

Remember, the rest of this night is for you, and dont let the little things get the best of it.

18. Damn hun, sounds like a horrible time.

I'm sorry you had such a bad day. *hug*.

19. I would have blew a gasket man...especially after the shit rolled down the driveway a second time. hope it gets better man.