Daylight savings and light scheules

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by LBH, Nov 1, 2009.

1. Do you all make the adjustment to your timers in 1 shot, adjust by 1 full hour immediately or do you soften the blow by doing something like changing the time by 15 mins for 4 days?

2. Unless you have your light schedule set to allow you to tend your garden at a specific time, I wouldn't even bother changing the timer. Plants don't know what time it is.

If you do only have a small window when you're able to check on your plants, just change it all at once...not a big deal.

3. Quite honestly, I'm not worried with time changes. My girls get 12/12... it doesn't matter what time it happens.

4. Right now I have a ventilation issue that is waiting on the $ to fix it and that means that at 7am, when the lights come on, I have to be here to open the door. I set it for 7am because that's when I go to lunch where I work so I shoot home and shoot back. For now,... but still....

5. I see I'm not the only one that was freaked out by that this morning. I thought my timer f'ed up on me! lol

I may at some point change my timing but if I do it will be a longer "lights out" time to get there and not the other way around. :D

6. I'm not changing the schedule, they are staying at 12/12, but I have to shift that time block forward and worry about hermi's from the light tampering, changing that hour. What I ended up doing is I am changing it over 2 days instead of 1, 1/2 hr adjustment for today and another for tomorrow.

7. yup,

6am now (would be 7am). Time to open the door and ventilate and wake up "the babies". The plants will be changed an hour back after an hour. (So my light stays on)

8. lol
    my digital timer wanted to take note of daylight savings and give my plants an extra hour of dark. Glad I caught that.

I will end up giving them one less hour of light before back to the normal 12/12

Also going to turn off daylight savings feature on timer.

9. I have ventalation issues as well and have to be home at certain times to open/close doors. I went with the 15 minute a day for 4 days myself.

10. That's a good idea. If I do this it will be well into Flowering and I'm not there yet this time. My reason for doing it will be to lessen or even eliminate my heat signature if I do it at all. ;)