day vs night growth debate

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Michael A, Aug 14, 2018.

Tags:
  1. hi. im wondering....
    I have my plant outside in the day sunshime, and inside after sunset under lights. figure ill get more growth this wat and keep it out of flowering until im ready to do in, when im ready i will just leave it outside and stop night time lights.
    my question is this......
    do plants grow when lights are out and its dark?
    i could swear ....last night i put my plant back outside at 2:30 am, and when i woke up at 7:30 am i went and took a look. sun had just come up, i swear it grew some at night, wondering if im mistaken.
    if it does grow in the dark, why am i even giving it 20 hours of light a day? lol.
    whats yalls opinons on this....im not talking about flowerimg stage. we know buds grow at night. im talkimg vegative state.
    added a pic for somwthing to look at. lol. i had broke my plant on accident a week ago. broke it in half. a months growth down the drain. its coming back nicely though.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. It's not an Auto is it? You can bring them inside like you said after the sun goes down then put them outside when you go to bed. No need for 20 hours of light a day IMO. 18/6 is plenty.

• Like Like x 1
  3. no its not auto flower.
    it was a lone seed out of a batch of fire weed.
    was no male plants around so it was weird.
    someone said a plant will do that sometimes as a means of survival of the plant and tvat these seeds are usually female seeds.
    Still not sure if i got a male or female. the preflowers are deceiving and confusing.
    it was 8 weeks old and i broke it in half by accident. Was getting ready to flower. Now im lettimg it go another month. Ill keep it outside to flower starting Sept 15th. (was planted as a germinated seed on june 15th.)
    Rambling sorry. lol

• Like Like x 1
  4. No worries, do you have any close pictures of the plants to help determine sex? Girls will have white pistils, while males will have sacs.

5. yes but some plants wont show pistols until 2 weeks after u start flowering. at times it looks like pointy females and others not so sure.
    the too more mature half broke but i have pics from it. and i just toom another from the lower part that survived. ill share them. See what i mean about confusing. i see male and female sometimes it seems. maybe a hermie? no pistols yet Screenshot_20180815-190048.jpg Screenshot_20180810-152944.jpg Screenshot_20180731-180254.jpg Screenshot_20180806-220623.jpg

6. Screenshot_20180816-201251.jpg ?? its a male isnt it?

7. just realized that last pic is just new growth, its from the top

8. Pictures #3 shows male. 95% sure.

9. i think u mean pic 4. yes it appears thst way, but it was the only one on plant shaped like that. the rest were pointy