Day/night time temps

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by 967, May 27, 2020.

1. Hey all I just had a question on people's thoughts about temperature fluctuations as I just bought a growlush thermal controller with power points for fan and heater, but with only one analogue temperature dial. So if I hook both up it seems to me I'll have the same day/night temps when it's possibly beneficial to have a lights off temp drop

Is this fact or myth? Supposedly temp swings bring colour out, bag appeal is nice...

Do I get another temp controller and run each individually with a swing or just run what I already have?

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  2. My night time temps are around 69-75 Fahrenheit and lights on is around 80 but I don't think it matters as long as the temperature is decent

Sent from my XT1030 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. General consensus is around 27*c lights on with no more than a 10*c drop at lights off for optimal.
    Cold temps definately do bring out the colour but they also slow the growth so dont fuck with them till theyre nearly done if you can help it.

4. Good man that's an answer I wanted to hear. Will just roll with no temp drop until week 7 or so maybe, see how colour compares to my usual. First time cmh grow so assuming they'll bring out the frost a bit more too

27 the new optimum? Didn't it used to be 22 - 24? Can't keep up haha

• Like Like x 1
  5. To be fair if you stick to vpd then optimal can be quite a few things. Google 'VPD scale cannabis' if youre unfamiliar mate.
    Its easy to follow. :)

6. yeah under 25c. Cold brings out the purple like you wouldn’t believe. But as mentioned cold also slows down the plants processes. So it will take longer.
    Day and night temps the same I’ve heard is a tactic to stop stretching when you flip.

I had problems and ran the whole grow very cold. Mate who grew the same strain in normal temps had no purple.

8AF9D0D7-DF9B-4440-9ADF-1812E3055DA0.jpeg A66D06DC-83CC-4798-B09D-F3BF34E3CE6A.jpeg

• Like Like x 2