Day 9 of flower.

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by ROLA311, Mar 20, 2006.

1. it doesnt they are huge and heavy... can get up to 2 pounds in weight. they start crawling up the main stem and they are so heavy it just starts bending over until its sideways on the ground.

Every morning when i pass the plant on my way to the car i see it bent over on the ground and i straighten it back up (thats all the tlc it gets LOL)

tonight taking this picture what i thought it was was confirmed, i straightned it up before i took the picture. then i went to take the picture of the soil for you and low and behold there the bugger was munching on a leaf LOL.

i should go cook his ass, he got THC in him..

LOL a high Snail!!!

check out this picture of 2 african snails... our island is loaded with them.

[​IMG]

2. that is the biggest fawking snail i have ever seen!!..he would need to eat one of ur 1LB plants to get that fawker baked..holy crap!..

3. DW have u ever grown with CFLs? it seems the plant grows bushy with them stunting growth..that and the water is all that ive come up with..ahah

4. Rolla, all my plants start out in the closet under the florescent light bank i have just like Nexxus has, its not the flourescents trust me...

has to be your water.

5. rolla, I live in a place that has very hard water. Check out my grow. I have my plants in 3.5-5 gallon pots, they constantly get nute burned and are very small for being in flower for 2.5 weeks. in fact, i owe a huge thanks to Dier and Nexxus for dropping the thought that hard water makes shitty plants. I'll be watering with spring water from the store from now on.....

6. Shittty. It sucks finding out the hard way. But did ur plants revive themselves after having better water? Or will they not even kick back?

7. Hey man. Don't give up. The plant looks fine now that you have it in a decent container. Next grow just get some organic potting soil, use this container when the plant is ready for it, and your plant will be that much better.

8. Hey Rola,
    I was searching around and found something that reminded me of your thread here. It is about how to identify root-bound plants. Check it out:

Use the right size nursery pot
    Very small plants can start in a 4" or 6" pot. Soon they will need to be transplanted to a one gallon nursery container later. This is how to check if plants need a larger pot: Slide pot away from potting soil to check roots. (The pot will slide off easier if the soil is not soaking wet). If the roots are showing on the outside of the soil, and they are starting to wind around between the soil and the pot, it's time to move plants to a larger nursery pot. Plants that are kept in pots too long develop long, winding roots - they are called "root bound" or "pot-bound" plants, and they often dry out very quickly. Even when pot-bound plants are transplanted to larger containers, their winding roots are slow to spread into the new potting soil. Transplanting crops before they're pot-bound helps the roots to spread quickly into the new soil. If you see any of these signs in your garden:
    - Plants dry out quickly between watering.
    - Soil shrinks away from container, leaving an air space between soil and nursery pot.
    - The soil surface collapses, forming a bowl shaped depression on the top of the soil.
    - Surface soil forms a hard "crust". Water can't flow through this crust: it just runs off the top of the soil and over the side of the nursery pot.
    Then it's repotting time! Here's a general guide for repotting for fast- growing plants: 4" to 6" round or square pots - repot after 2-3 weeks into 1 gallon pots. 1 gallon pots - repot after about 4 weeks into 2 or 3 gallon pots.
    Remember, this is only a general estimate - your plants might grow faster or slower, so sliding off the nursery pot to check root growth is always the best way. Remember to moisten the new soil before re-potting, and water the plant well when you've finished to settle it into its new container.

9. your wasting your breath, rootbound and repottign is not his problem, hwen he repotted it he couldnt even see roots.

he has a really bad hard water problem.

10. HIGH All, fuck man that's a snail and a half!!!!! I might have read in between the lines ROLA but how long did you veg??

11. about 41 days veg. I went out and bought 4L jug of natural spring water (it says) but it has 290 p.p.m. of dissolved mineral salts and 0 p.p.m. of fluoride ions. The ph of the water is like 7.2! so i got some downer and got it to 6.7 or so.

The new soil and pot stays moist alot longer than the old pot. I mixed a very little amount of miracle grow in the 4L jug for a continuous small portion feed. only 1/4 tsp to 4L of h20.

Now that the soil is 24" deep. How much water should i be giving?

12. HIGH All, 41 days mmmmmmm should have been bigger...the..imo..best is too "lift" the pot if it's weights heavy don't water it..if it weights light water after a few times you will get the hang of it. I think too much watering in veg was your problem...you wouldn't believe how much it slows a plant down.

13. trust me..everytime i watered the soil was cripsy..the first grow i did died cuz of lack of water and from being hard water. I only had enough time to veg for 40 days and even that i have to rush flowering in time to move out.

14. a couple bud shots..just a ? how do the buds form?? just from hair or is their leaves in there or what..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Both hairs and leaves. You will see. It is pretty cool how the buds form.

16. sweeet..how do they look for 10 days flowering??

17. A bud is made up of leaves, seed pods and hairs.

each 2 hairs has one seed pod, this is what you want to get alot of seed pods, this is what makes your bud dense. the rest if water leaves.

18. Looking good Rola........ You at about the same stage as my grow, i'm on day 12 :D

19. Hey guys, how big pot do I need for 85cm long plant (white widow)?