Day 4 Germination

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by TCarmenia, Mar 12, 2018.

1. Wht do yall think??? 1520895210628200684148.jpg

2. slow but they'll live. More water dude. They do their best growth in the half hour after watering. What did you do just put them in the soil? I split my seeds in water (about 12-18 hrs) then in wet paper towel between 2 plates placed on my heated floor (29 celsius), until tap root is a few mm (~12 hrs), then in the medium about 1/3 inch down, I pot them in small coir pots and put them in humidity dome(70%) on heated floor still. They will pop the surface in about 12 more hours. As soon as they bust their shells and open their cotyledon I take off humidity dome, remove from heated floor put under lights and done until first transplant. I have never lost a seed from a seed bank and I started in the late 80's flying into Amsterdam to buy seeds then mailing them back to me in the slots in cardboard. They were a lot cheaper then. The one below I started on Sunday. Sorry for the pic, but yours will be like this by tomorrow. WIN_20180313_08_06_57_Pro.jpg

3. Ok ill give them sum more water but today is day 5 and there looking much better except one just seems like she is stuck in her seed i did the same as u i put them in a wet paper towel it took about 24 h before they started to show but all is good now i hope.

4. 20180313_073204.jpg she's stuck for some reason!!

5. Plants look fine. Takes time.

6. Ok..
    Do u have a fan running this early in growing??

And do u use any root enhancements??

7. Cover the one that hasnt busted its shell with plastic to increase humidity or help it get that shell off. Sometimes it can cause big greif for the little thing

8. Ok i tried putting a plastic on it i might have to help it pull it off

9. cool give it a day if she hasnt busted out maybe think about helping her. I use little bamboo skewers like chopsticks but I only nudge it a few times within a few hours they are very fragile and will almost always pop that shell its just I had some runts start this way and don't know if it ws just genetics or not.. But 95% of the time your fine like it is

• Like Like x 1
  10. Cool ill keep u updated thx!!

• Like Like x 1
  11. VERY WEIRD!!!! 15210817147451737939678.jpg

12. I don't know about this one!! 20180314_215845.jpg

13. So what do they look like now? I hope their are no nutrients in those pots yet. and make sure they dont get wet when you water them just the soil

14. They are looking good i got some spots on a few i think i have a bug problem but i sprayed something for that today. 20180317_171545.jpg

15. i haven't been using any nutrients all organic ill wait until they are about 14 days in.

16. Yea they are fine. I wouldnt spray anything. These plants are too young. If you had bugs they would probably have killed these seedlings by now. the spots are probably water drips or from the spray. You can nute them after a week but go light, theres always extra nutes in the soil

17. Oooh..
    I spray around my grow room to keep the humidity at 55 that could be the reason.

18. So u say about 10ml of the grow big would be fine?

19. 1521416352039.jpg
    WTF??!!

Sent from my LGMS210 using Grasscity Forum mobile app