Day 30 12/12 No Buds but Massive Vertical Growth, Very Hot Aussie Summer [Pics]

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by passthebilly, Jan 27, 2013.

1. #1 passthebilly, Jan 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2013
    This is my first grow, day 31 Flowering, in spring:
    I'd say the temps were around 15-30C
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is my current grow, plants are much healthier, but lots of heatwaves :(
    I'd say the temps are around 25-45C
    Day 3 Flowering:
    [​IMG]

Day 30 Flowering:
    [​IMG]
    I have to top this canopy regularly now or the light burns up the top leaves.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I have already lowered the photoperiod to 10/14 a few days ago, is this a good idea? They keep vegging huge, while the pistils barely change. They're in a tent, no light leaks. I have 140mm and 120mm fans along the exhaust ducting, and one 120mm intake fan. Most of the heat comes from outside, not the lamps.

2. whats the strain?

3. white rhino and sugar haze

4. looks like a lot of plant not getting good light...the center of the top is....should be much further along..white rhino being mostly all indica it should be much further along...the sugar haze..(haze obviously sativa dom)..being mostly sativa should take a bit longer...id have a fan on them blowing all the time to thickin limbs up and look into more light....atleast twice as much...the closer the light the shorter the light spreads..i know "light penitration"..is important..but at what cost...?

5. At 30 days into flowering you should not be topping anymore. You shouldn't top after the first two weeks of flower you're cutting off budsites! Tie down your plant instead. Try switching your photoperiod to 12/12, maybe it will improve floral growth?

6. #7 passthebilly, Jan 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2013
    Nothing to do with the LEDs.. if you actually look at the pics I posted my first grow was way further ahead and the plants were much taller. Yeah the stems are quite thick and strong now anyway.

Yeah I switched it back to 12/12 the weather has been good lately and I try to remove the offending fan leaves then bend the bud sites over 90 degrees.