Day 28 of Flower, first grow 2x2x4

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by ganjaguy15, Aug 21, 2019.

1. #1 ganjaguy15, Aug 21, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2019
    I ordered a 2x2x4 grow tent and i have decided i want to switch from my cfls to a full spectrum led, preferably one i can use from seed to harvest. i am a new grower and all the research i do i just keep getting lost. can anybody give me some recommendations? if anyone has any tips on ventilation too that’d be lovely.

thank you gc ~

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. #2 WripeAppleSauce, Aug 21, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Hlg 135 is a beast for a 2x2 plus it’s dimmable

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. A 4 ft tall tent is much too short.
    My autos get taller than 4 ft.
    If you can cancel your order, do it and get a taller tent.

If the grow buckets are 1 ft tall, and an LED needs to be 1/2 ft from the ceiling, and 1 1/2 ft from the plants, that leaves room for 1 ft tall plants.

Any of those LED mentioned above would be excellent.

• Like Like x 1
  5. If you want to expand your grow later, you can also get a 2x288 board. It will be a little -- but not that much -- more up front, but you will be able to scale up easier later and dim it in the meantime

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. I run a custom quantum board based off the HLG 135 in my 2x2x4 and its perfect coverage and doesnt get too hot in there even with 4" exhaust on low. 20190209_013225.jpg 20190208_180116.jpg

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. I think the 135 is the best for a 2x2 it’s perfect for a monster plant

• Like Like x 2
  8. I'd get a double and run them lower if he/she gets. Better light distribution, lower power costs, and longer LED lifespan to boot. Full coverage, although one board could do some damage, the sides would need more.

I've done a small crop in that height. Just gotta scrog it:
    upload_2019-8-20_18-16-13.png
    there's a meter stick in the back. That was using 2x288 boards (V1s) from Meijiu last year.

so ... yea probably 1 can do it, I just like lights i suppose.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Yeah a hlg 260 dimmed would work too and supercropping is the shit when it comes to keeping height down and creating a even canopy. ScrOG is nice but it traps plants

10. I use 2 qb 132 3500k in my 2x2x4, 1 for early veg then flip the other on for the later veg then into the flower tent. Lst is a definite though, height wise.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  11. #14 ganjaguy15, Aug 22, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
    so like an idiot i already ordered my light before i saw all these replies, thank you for the feed back! i hope i didn’t order a crap light but i did go cheap. i order this

[​IMG]

i have my tent set up in my closet with a window so i’m hoping to ventilate with a carbon fiber filter going directly out my window. i have a kit picked out , any suggestions? the outtake hole is 4”. this is the kit i have picked out

[​IMG]

along with this to vent it out my window secretively

[​IMG]

any ideas or suggestions?? thank you so much, gc community.

12. also i know a 4’ tent isn’t very tall but i am planning on doing aggressive lst, already have them tied down as we speak, pretty aggressively

13. I would return that light the blurple leds are not that great

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. i am not sure what a blurple is but i’m not looking for something too expensive for my first real grow (aka without cfls) but eventually it’ll become my light for my veg tent and prob get a more top of the line led for a flower tent.

Thank you all at grasscity , much love.

15. A blurple led is the nickname around here for the kind of LED you ordered. Combining red and blue LEDs puts off that infamous 'blurple" spectrum.

Long story short, lights are one of those things you get out however much you put into them. I started with CFL then went to 150w HPS then to 300w/600w blurple LEDs then finally to a quantum board. All lights were about the same price and I use them all for their own purposes.

Your "300w" 128w LED will do just fine. Don't crowd the light, you can't expect too much out of the light given the price and technology onboard. In the 2x2, I would keep it to 1 plant with a long veg or 2 smaller plants with a shorter veg. If you can't grow decent product with 100+ watts of light, a better light is barely gonna benefit you. I speak from past experience.

Once you get decent product using that light, then look into upgrading.

• Like Like x 3
  16. oh damn i guess i shoulda done my research a little more on the led, so many different brands and types to choose from i just got ahead of myself bc i’m ready to goooo. excited af. lights supposed to be here tomorrow. ventilation on saturday.

• Like Like x 2
  17. if i already have three pretty healthy looking plants what do you suggest i do with the one i don’t put in the tent? i figured at least one would be male but i’m sure what they are yet.