Day 28 Flowering, Browning Bud, pictures, Help!

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by thinkingreen, Aug 19, 2011.

1. Ok so here are the facts

28 days in flowering, this plants has 19 colas. FloraNova Veg&Bloom/Karma/KoolBloom. My 250 HPS is 5" away from the plants and canopy temps are 25c-30c. Humidity goes from 40 in light to 60-70 at night. Growing in soil less. My PH is close to 6.5(test tube ph tester)

After finally moving to 1100ppm full bloom nutes. Slow yellowing of fan leaves turned very rapid and is killing many of the lower fan leaves within 2-3 days. I flushed her on the next watering and noticed a slowdown of the yellowing, the plan is to add a little more N next feeding.

At first, two of the colas coming from the one node with most yellowing leaves developed some minor browning on the surface of the upper fan leaves. As of yesterday the edges of the highest leaves are turning orange/light brown as is the side of the bud. It doesn't rub off and is exclusively happening on these colas. All other colas are nice and green, no burning, or other signs except yellowing fan leaves below.

Can anyone chime in on what this might be and how I can stop it?

Thanks a lot

Attached Files:

2. Looks like heat burn. Move the light back about 4-5", I dont know what else would turn one side of the cola brown other than that.

HPS bulbs put out a lot IR heat, at that close it will probably do some cooking of the leaves.

3. #3 growinkind, Aug 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2011
    these are not my words but most likely the problem.. check ph first and fore most.. good luck

Problems with Boron Being Locked out by PH troubles

Soil ph under 5.5 or over 6.8, sandy soil, soil with low organic matter and or lack of nitrogen.

Soil

Boron gets locked out of soil growing at ph levels of 2.0-5.0
    Boron is absorbed best in soil at a ph level of 5.0-7.0 (Wouldn’t recommend having a soil ph of over 7.0 in soil) Anything out of the ranges listed will contribute to a Boron deficiency.

Hydro and Soil less Mediums

Boron gets locked out of Hydro and Soil less Mediums at ph levels of 2.0-5.0
    Boron is absorbed best in Hydro and Soil less Mediums at ph levels of 5.0-6.0(Wouldn’t recommend having a ph over 6.5 in hydro and soil less mediums.) Best range for hydro and soil less mediums is 5.0 to 6.0. Anything out of the ranges listed will contribute to a boron deficiency.

Solution to fixing a Boron deficiency
    One of the ways you can fix a boron deficiency is to either foliar spray or water regular. Treat with one teaspoon of Boric acid (sold as eyewash) per gallon of water. (Only mixing at ½ strength when using chemical nutrients or it will cause nutrient burn!) Other nutrients that have boron in them are: Borax, Boric Acid, Colemanite, Sodium pentaborate, Sodium tetraborate, which are ALL fast absorption. Garden Manure, Bone Meal are both good boron supplements, but are slow/medium absorption.

Now if you added to much chemical nutrients and or organics, (which is hard to burn your plants when using organics) you need to flush the soil with plain water. You need to use 2 times as much water as the size of the pot, for example: If you have a 5 gallon pot and need to flush it, you need to use 10 gallons of water to rinse out the soil good enough to get rid of excessive nutrients.

link where the info came from and very good guide..
    http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=11688&page=1&pp=15

These pictures show a boron deficiency in different stages.

Attached Files:

• 420.jpg
      420.jpg
      File size:
      250.3 KB
      Views: