Day 27 Flowering. Leaves turning yellow -Pics

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by bluebird93, Jan 24, 2012.

1. Hey guys,

Today is day 27 of flowering of my first grow. Bud sites are looking pretty good but the bottom leaves are turning yellow and dying. Wondering if I should cut off the dying leaves?? I got my plant in miracle gro so I haven't added any ferts yet but maybe it's time I should. I got some ferts from a friend. The ferts are 5-30-5, should I start feeding it? Unfortunately I also have it in a 1 gallon pot so I hope that doesn't stunt it's growth. Here are some pics, let me know what you guys think.

Attached Files:

• 009.jpg
      009.jpg
      File size:
      137 KB
      Views:
    • 011.jpg
      011.jpg
      File size:
      307.1 KB
      Views:
    • 012.jpg
      012.jpg
      File size:
      347.4 KB
      Views:
    • 018.jpg
      018.jpg
      File size:
      194.1 KB
      Views:
    • 020.jpg
      020.jpg
      File size:
      218.9 KB
      Views:
  2. Yes for heaven's sake feed her. Once leaves start showing damage from deficiencies, your final yield has already been decreased. Really try not to use more MG and try to avoid their ferts in the future. Your plant is displaying moderate Phosphorus deficiency.

3. Thanks for the reply. So I just fed her some of the ferts. Hopefully that'll help. I think part of the problem is that those bottom leaves aren't getting enough light either. So what would you recommend I do from here on regarding the feeding cycle and should I be removing the dead leaves??

4. Bump

Looking for some advice. I don't want this getting any worse!

5. Ok so the problem seems to be getting worse. The bottom leaves continue to deteriorate. I added flowering ferts to the last watering a couple days ago and it hasn't seemed to help much. I need suggestions on what I should do. Should I flush the soil? I have regularly checked the pH of the run off and it's always somewhere between 5-6. I figure the problem has something to do with light not reaching the bottom leaves, nutrient deficiencies, pot size (roots have outgrown the pot), or salt build up in the medium. I'm not an expert though so I'm desperately looking for some input. Someone please help! Thanks....

6. The prob with MG is te time release capsuls. They pop at different times and commonly over fertilize plants. If I wer you, I would flush immediately. The gamble is possibly popping those fert capsuls and destroying your plant completely, but your plan is already sick so I would flush. I also recommend transplanting into a larger pot with organic soil ASAP.

7. Is it ok to flush if the soil is still wet? Or do I have to wait for the next watering?

8. Pull the plant from its pot and check the roots for binding.

9. I just finished flushing her with 3 gallons of water. I was told at this point not to transplant because I am already too deep into flowering. I suspect the roots are probably binding but there's nothing I can now without transplanting. Any recommendations on ferts I should be using going forward? Like I said, a friend of mine gave me something that is 5-30-5, but maybe there is something else I should be using given my current situation.

10. I don't cut anything off until it's brown, those leaves are like nutrient stores for the plant and right now it's using nutes from those leaves.

Could be from a lockout but your details are vague. What kind of MG soil are you using? MG organic doesn't have time release nutes. MG potting soil does, do you know your runoff PH?

I wouldn't feed it anything until I know the runoff ph, if you've got a ph/nutrient lockout then feeding it will make it worse.

11. The pH from the runoff is in the 5-6 range so I should be good. The miracle grow that I'm using does have time released nutrients. I obviously never should have used it

12. You don't want to plan a transplant during flowering but if there's a problem, it can be done safely without harm to the plants. If the roots are binding then you need to gently repot the plants or they may never make it to harvest. Pull the plant and check the roots on the bottom of the root ball. When there's binding, the bottom will be covered in roots that are swirling around in circles. If it's not the problem, then this is all a moot point anyway. Another sign of root binding is drooping after each watering.

13. my bad :cool: