Day 23 of Flowering (Bag Seed)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by washmo, Feb 28, 2011.

1. Just thought I would give an update on my grow. What do y'all think?

Attached Files:

2. How close are the light's hung to them? I can't tell.

3. 12 inches from the highest cola and about 17 inches from the lowest cola

4. I think you might be able to get em closer. I've been able to get them like 3 even 2 inches away with the CFLs, they're pretty cool.

5. #5 RO76, Feb 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2011
    Agree, there is no point of having those lights so high. You should only put them higher if they start burning your plants... 3"-5" would be much better,you'll get more light energy to your plants. I guess this is why your plants are slightly stretched. Other than that nice grow.:wave:

6. #6 washmo, Feb 28, 2011
    Thanks guys! Yeah, I had the light close to them during veg. but with the 8 CFLs it gets just a bit too warm for them. The leaves do get crispy and it drys the soil a lot quicker too.

I am slightly worried about the lower nods of the plants though. Do you think I could lower one or two of the lights so that they get more light? Maybe I will try that.

7. #7 RO76, Feb 28, 2011
    I have 125W light on the top and 2-27W and 1-60W on the sides to provide light to the lower branches. Speaking of heat, you can put your fan on the bottom and blow the air from the bottom to the top, that way heat will go up , so that way you can safely lower your lights.To preserve soil from drying fast you can make covers to cover top of the pots (reflectix,white cardboard...).

8. Will putting covers on the pots cause mold to grow between the cover and the dirt? That's why I didn't do that sooner. Have you experienced that at all?

9. My humidity is a lot higher than it was a week ago bc I started using a gallon jug with sugar water and activated yeast to create more Co2 in there. It use to be at about 40 humidity and now is about 60-70. I open the door at least 3 times a day to make sure It doest turn into a soup closet LOL

10. #10 RO76, Feb 28, 2011
    I have hydro(link in sig),but I had covers for almost a month and never had any problems, I guess mold can not grow on hydroton...

11. Yeah, I think with constant moving water mold is less likely to grow. but i am VERY unfamiliar with Hydro growing. I hope to do that when I finally have my own place. (like a house) I'm in an apt currently. so it will be a while before that happens lol

12. That yeast concoction raised your humidity? I could use that if it's true. =D

13. Yeah bc the water evaporates from the jug as it releases the Co2.

I will be honest and say that I am not sure what humidity level cannabis prefers. I would assume sativa or sativa dominant strains would like it/tolerate it better.

My only concern is mold forming from it. But I do have constant fan blowing, so hopefully that wont happen lol

14. I believe ideally they will take to 55%-65%. Thats so hard to achieve where I live. anything under 35% is going to affect the potency. I chill at 20% =/

15. Update: Day 26

I have a couple leaves that have some spots on them... This just must've happened. Or I just noticed it... :confused:

THC production is underway though! Is it normal for the THC to start developing on lower nodes before the top?

It seems like the buds are starting to fill out too. Which is a good feeling! :D

What do y'all think?

Attached Files:

16. Lookin' sexy brotherman!

17. Thanks Mayne!!!:smoke: