Day 21 flowering traces of PM? Nute Burn?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by DerekCA, Mar 2, 2012.

1. Hi, I just started day 21 flower and I think my pm is down to a minimal after I applied 5ML of rubbing alcohol and 1TBSP of DAWN dish soap. Some of my leaves I think are nute burned or burned from the alcohol but im not sure. Im using calmag and pure blend pro for food. Zoom in on the pictures from the top down view and see whats on the leaves. Thanks!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. looks like its burned a little id flush to be on the safe side, when you burn the plant it will start dying from the bottom up, as for the spots it looks like you either still have pm or its just the damage it has done already. no fixing that. 21 days into flower you should still be safe to use a fungicide like green cure, which is what i used at week 3 of flower. it worked very well but it came back 3 weeks later, havent tried the bud out yet but i hear its ok to spray up to week 4 or 5. to be on the safe side id continuously treat it with pm wash i just picked some up so idk how good it works but ive used their other products with great success. you can use that up to day of harvest but be sure to rinse them after 24hrs or so especially before you cut her down.

3. the brown spots on the leaves is from the PM?

4. id say so, same thing my plants looked like after i dealt with the pm. everywhere it was, it left discolored spots. on the 3rd picture on the veins of that leaf looks like it still has pm on it..or doesnt it rub off? once you get pm you almost always have to continuously treat it unless your in veg and can use a sulfer burner. pm is relentless and hard to kill. it also will spread to healthy plants. also the first picture that bottom leaf looks like it was burned at one point or just not getting light, which doesnt matter but are you having stunted growth also? and other browning tips and random damaged spots on your leaves?

5. YES i am having stunted growth they were switch to flower when they were 9 inches they are now 13inches ive had previous plants switched at around 12inches get to 30inches my temps have been pretty low at night id say around 61-64 and day temps at 72-75. yes i do have some random brown spots on leaves but they are mostly on the bottom.

6. what do you feed them? how much and how often?

7. RIght now im using 5ML of Calmag and 15ML of Pure Blend Pro (but i might reduce to 10ML) this goes into 1 gallon of distilled water and i water every other day maybe every 2 if i feel they dont need water. week 5 and 6 im using something called Bud XL and Top Booster but i believe those are some enzymes to help flowering

8. that could be your problem all together, water the shit out of it like once a week depending on the soil you use...it should be almost bone dry before waterings. or it causes root rot and will slow the growth dramatically. just flush it completely with like 5 gallons of water, wait for it to completely dry, easiest way to tell when to water is get a feel for how heavy it is wet and dry. and only water when its feeling pretty light. you will see much faster growth and you are probably over feeding it on top of over watering.

when you water it you should have a decent amount of drainage out of the bottom but unless your are using like a coco/perlite mixture it shouldnt need to be watered that often

9. Im using soil called Empire Builder its very airy (imo) i have 1.5gal pots im upgrading next grow. so i should water until there is decent run off and wait 4-5 days until next watering? I usually stick my thumb maybe a half inch into the soil and if i feel like its dry i water. thanks for all the help

10. i woke up today to curled leaves with some black/brown spots i cut off damaged parts of the leaves and if i had to i removed some. is this from the DAWN/Alcohol combo which im regretting as of now id say 30-45% of my plant is burned idk