Day 11

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Chamfo, Mar 11, 2018.

1. 2 seeds planted in soil 1 day apart. Seed 1 planted 5 days ago.

Seed 1 planted 5 days ago
    20180310_194745.jpg

Seed 2 planted 4 days ago
    20180310_194741.jpg

2 is looking great and has outshot 1. I didn' h any solo cups when I planted 1 so I cut up a 2litre pop bottle. That is the difference.

C

2. Hey man. Congrats on the germination of two plants. I was wondering what light you have decided to use? Oh and if you don't mind me asking, did you create that soil or use one that was premade?

J Evergreen

3. This is my first grow so it's def lower budget. Right now I have 4x23watt cfls, I thunk I will stick to these, I found some 2700k 2800lumen ones for 15.99 each, I think I will run 4 of those with 8 total cfls for flowering, tho that might change also i seem to be buying as I grow. It' fun. The soil is promix from home depot. When I transplant tho I thunk I may additional perlite to the potting mix.

C

• Like Like x 1
  4. You covered my next topic already haha. Was going to see how much perlite you had. I too believe more would help in the long run.

About your lights, I am not quite sure. As I've never used cfls and therefore never payed much attention to what is a good amount and what isn't. I guess I need to do a little research myself so that I'd know. In any case, have you looked into LEDs or other lights of that nature? I am just curious as always. You can get affordable lights that albeit aren't the greatest, could definitely benefit you later on.

J Evergreen

5. For sure, I think I will be purchasing a tent in the next few weeks, when I do the next purchase will def be a light, Led is what I'm leaning towards.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Nice. I decided to go with the more expensive route on tents. Gorilla Grow Tents but sadly was limited in space so had to settle and shell out more money than I was looking to for the size. Basically a tent is a tent and if you can get bigger for less with a tent that has good reviews. Do it. Unless space is an issue. Plus if your original budget is more than you spend, you can use the rest to buy a fan and filter system or save for another useful tool.

I know it gets thrown around everywhere on the threads now but it's cause for good. Have you looked into Quantum Boards? I have recently purchased a set and can't begin to tell you how much I already enjoy them. Absolutely wonderful lights and run much cooler than the LEDs I had before.

Albeit a little on the higher price side, they are most definitely worth it. Especially considering that lights should be on your most important list. They'll be your driving force through all indoor grows apart from a plant, water, and a medium.

By the way I'm not trying to push brands or anything haha, just giving some ideas that may interest you. Good luck on your grow. I hope it all works out for you.

J Evergreen

• Like Like x 2
  7. No doubt, no its cool bro getting, nice to know first hand about products before hand. Respect bro. I'll be updating for sure. I decided to try this out 3 weeks ago and have been reading and reading, so far so good and it's tons of fun too.

8. Today actually, the seedlings have grown significantly from this morning till now, it' aamazing. Anticipating the next few weeks very much.

9. Dude if you actually enjoy it like I and many others here, you will be mesmerized by the changes your plants make on their journey to maturity. It is bewildering. Patience is the key haha and I myself suffer from the lack of it from time to time.

Oh and with the reading and learning...it never stops. :coffee: Sometimes I have to take a break or else I feel as my mind will explode. You know when you reach that point where you can't cram a single bit more of information into your head. Like as if your mind has shut itself off and went vacuous. It's frustrating but part of the process I guess.

Welcome to GrassCity. I hope you find what you are looking for here. If you get the chance, look through Gimiks Library, the Organic No-Till Revisited thread, and @Sc00byD00bie's compilation of files. It's mainly about Organic growing but trust me, you'll learn many helpful tips and tricks that apply to all Cannabis gardening. See ya around brother. Check back in when your thumb becomes green. Hasta Luego! :wave:

J Evergreen

• Like Like x 1
  10. Is the plant in the first picture in a clear cup or pot? If so cover it up light and roots don’t mix! Put something to cover it up paper, tape etc...
    Good Luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  11. Wow, bro you are a plant saver respect. I have much appreciation. I was thinking bc it was a bigger pot than the solo cup and thought it would just take a bit longer to root. I didn'
    even think about the roots not having darkness bc of the clear container I was using. I just very so ever gently transplanted it to a solo cup, hopefully she starts to recover and can straitened up and keep cracking that shell. Thanks bro.

C