Dawn Of The Dead

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Barrack 0bonga, May 4, 2012.

1. Recently I found myself at the Monroeville Mall located in Monroeville,PA (right outside of Pittsburgh) The filming location of George Romero's 1978 zombie classic Dawn of The Dead. I myself am I pretty big zombie fan so I was ecstatic to find a small museum like tribute to the film (and zombies) located on the 1st floor of the mall. Independently ran by zombie enthusiasts. They have a nice collection of zombie memorabilia. Here is a few shots.

1) Newspaper used for the film 2) international movie premiere posters for Dawn

3) A zombie extra mask used in Day Of The Dead 4) Russel Streiner's bloody hand prints and signature (aka Johnny from Night Of The Living Dead aka 1st guy who dies)

5) Tom Savini hand prints and sig (make up artist/ raider in Dawn)

6) an art print I bought of DawnOTD 7) Print of DayOTD Poster 8) Print of NOTLD

Attached Files:

2. fucking awesome!

3. wish they wouldnt have remodeled it

4. yea it's a little different but I still felt like I had been there before.

5. I thought the original and the remake were great

6. [quote name='"LisaBot"']I thought the original and the remake were great[/quote]

ya, i actually enjoyed the remake more when i was younger, but still they did it well keeping to the original story line with some new characters.

OG DotD will always be my favorite zombie flick though

7. [quote name='"THCandroid"']

ya, i actually enjoyed the remake more when i was younger, but still they did it well keeping to the original story line with some new characters.

OG DotD will always be my favorite zombie flick though[/quote]

Speaking of fav zombie flicks, I think 28 days later is my favorite even though it's more of a rage virus

8. romero zombies will always rain supreme if there were a fight between a romero zombie and someone infected with rage the romero zombie would come out on top everytime

9. #10 BlazingZombiess, May 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2012
    Im here :3
    Thats soo bad ass!!!!
    So is this museum in this mall? I wanna visit it!

10. ehh, one on one I think a rage zombie would win against a romero zombie. Rage zombies seem smarter, they are quicker, and stronger.

But as a group, and over time the edge would go to the romero zombies.

Rage zombies are still alive, still need to feed, and susceptible to all the things that humans are... starving, climate, etc.

11. i have never seen a rage zombie tear a man in half or shoot guns so no i wouldnt say there stronger or smarter proof is in the pudding

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cn0QFeRJJjU[/ame]

12. [quote name='"deadhead4-2-0"']

i have never seen a rage zombie tear a man in half or shoot guns so no i wouldnt say there stronger or smarter proof is in the pudding

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cn0QFeRJJjU[/quote]

Rage zombies get violent as fuck though

I'd rather get derped by a real zombie, than get herped by a rage zombie

13. #14 deadhead4-2-0, May 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2012
    i apologize to the op for getting his kick ass thread so off topic but you would seriously rather get shot and then ripped in half than haveing some blood thrown up on your face?

14. I support any intelligent zombie debates. especially with the "zombie attack" in Florida. Everyone needs to stay informed.

15. okay.. I'll play

In 28 weeks later the movie shows rage zombies punching through boarded up windows like they were glass.

And in 28 weeks later, when Don, played by Robert Carlyle, gets infected by the rage virus he's shown using his pass key to open up doors. He's also shown being smart enough to stay out of the way of carpet bombing and snipers.

16. In Romero's Land of the Dead (2005) We get to see his zombies communicate, use guns, use tools.

In Dawn we also know the dead have memories that is why they are returning to the mall.

17. Im just being a nerd for which i apologize. I think that any zombie movie that isnt ungodly cheese filled is awesome which there seem to only be handful of tasteful zombie movies ever made The first 3 romero zombie films and 28 days/weeks included, Ill definitely give the 28 zombies one thing they are much more frightening than romero zombies.

18. #19 Broses, Jun 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2012
    rage zombies are still alive and thus can be infected with the virus from the romero movies, which means they all end up turning.

the real worst zombies ever though are from Resident Evil. nothing worse than a zombie whos face will split off into 4 sections and eat you like it evolved to eat you.