DAW of choice (Producers)

Discussion in 'The Musician in U' started by REIS, Jan 13, 2013.

1. What is your favorite DAW, or which can you crank out tracks with lightning pace and angelic grace.

I am most thorough with FL studio, but I have made a couple tracks in Reason.

Im gearing towards Reaper and I hope to have full reigns by summer. Learning the ins and outs.

How about you guys, I'd love to hear!

2. I use FL XXL

3. Ableton Live

4. I stick w/ FL Studio since its what i learned with... i do use reason here and there. not very often though

5. I don't know if Maschine can be considered a DAW, but that's what I use now.

Looking into Studio One as well.

6. Fl n maschine

7. Fl studio just because i worked with it for year and it would take forever to master another DAW

8. Did you start with ableton live?

and if so how long did you think it took you to get going on it.

I've only messed around with it.

9. Combination of FL and reason with some really good vsts. I dont think ill ever stop using FL, been using it since version 4

10. Do you use the rewire function to use reason inside of fl studio?

In the past i've used samples that i exported from reason in fl studio.

I'm very versatile in fl studio, that's why its hard from me to stray away. I just feel very powerful with it. I can do many things.

11. #11 *ColtClassic*, Jan 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2013
    FL is used by so many people but still super underrated.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6M2qugCxPc[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNLawvX4lNE[/ame]

(beat starts coming together at around 3:00)

^ FL

12. Dude, FL is pro. It's easy to use, but other than that you can produce quality tracks with it. I tried Logic a few times and I was like... "What the fuck?" Way more complicated that it needed to be lol.

13. Yeah the GUI of FL is so nice.

I'm gonna start exporting everything I do in Maschine into FL because Maschine doesn't have a fucking dedicated mixer (WTF) and is only single-core atm (WTF).

People on the forums have been complaining about it and hopefully NI will change it soon, but I still have my copy of FL and plan on using it. :D

14. i always start my projects in Logic or Ableton then i edit in Pro Tools

15. I score, track, and mix in DP

16. DP?

Thats interesting. I Do you guys have any sick skins for FL studio since it's seems like i see most often.