David Gilmour - On An Island

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by UniXelation, Mar 7, 2006.

1. Well it's been a long time since David Gilmour's last studio work (Pink Floyd's 1994 Division Bell), and today was the North American release of his new solo album 'On An Island'.

I went out today as soon as I could and bought it for only $9.99 at Best Buy.

It's a really great album, one some people may need to listen to a few times to really appreciate. It's truly one of the most beautiful albums I've ever heard.

Anyone else hear it yet? I'd like to know what you think. And if you havent heard it, I recommend you go out and buy it. You wont be dissapointed if you are expecting a David Gilmour album, not a Pink Floyd album. It's a lot more intimate and personal to him.

Anyways, this is one of the happiest days of my life, as David Gilmour is my favorite music artist. This is up there with my favorite albums, and I havent even listened to it stoned yet!

Anyways, thought I'd share my joy. I hope you all get to experience this masterpiece.

2. I have been really stoked for it, but haven't got it yet.

I plan to ASAP... kind of busy, you know?

3. i heard the song on an island but that is all that i have heard from it, it sounded pretty good but i was really wasted and will have to listen to it again, it was only like last weekend that i heard it and barely remember it

4. I just got it, and i'm a little let down, i have to be honest.

It was good.... just not as good as i thought it was going to be.

It was almost too mellow.

5. He's good at guitar but it always seems like hes recycling the same sedative licks over and over. He needs to do something new.