Dave Matthews

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Kasrkin, Jul 20, 2008.

1. I think the Dave Matthews Band is awesome, yet half the time when I talk about it, people say he sucks or that they don't like him. I never get any good reason, just that "he sucks" so, lets hear it. Do you like them or dislike them? why?

Aside from just enjoying the music I find it fun to look into and analyze his, and all the music I listen to. Hear every part and how they sync up or dont sync up, and say "holy shit that was cool, those parts go really well together" and I must say I'm never dissapointed with Dave music in that sense.

2. I think most of the reason why alot of people (including myself) dislike Dave Matthews is, not because it is bad music, but because it is no longer 1997 and everyone is sick of them. Its all the same old shit that everyones heard a thousand times.

3. Used to not like him but all my friends in college played him 24/7 it just grew on me. saw him live at rothbury and he puts on a really good fucking show.

4. i saw him live once and he was the shit, therefore dave=def. of awesomeness

5. the music's not bad... but the crowd that follows them is. i tailgated at a Dave Mathews show once, it's like an excuse for college kids to dress like hippies, take mushrooms and drink. Their like over privileged hippies, who dont like the mud, dont like bugs, need a shower twice a day, bringing beer bottles, and have no problem dropping/ breaking them on the ground, leaving their trash for someone else to pick it up.
    FUCK EM!
    i know not every DM fan is like this, but from what i saw...
    DM may make good music, but i hope their fans die.

6. I'll have to agree there. At the last concert I went to, I'd have to say I hated almost every person there at first glance aside from a few people that seemed cool and normal.

7. Just not my type of music. I find it to be generic, boring, and I see nothing innovative about it at all (and yeah I know that their live sets are a lot better than the songs the radio played to death, but I still find them boring/generic.)

I think Dave Matthews himself has a mediocre voice, and that their overall sound is just... mediocre. Add the fact that so many people are so enamored by them and you're bound to amplify the harsh feelings from the ones like me who see them as a band that should be playing Wednesday nights at some Marriott bar in Florida at BEST.

I also really dislike U2 and Coldplay for similar reasons.

8. Oh yeah that too.

9. i just saw dave last night. so many people there to see him. at least 50 thousand man. he was alright. i didnt enjoy it too much cause the satge was just so far away.

10. Exactly. I love songs like "Crush" or "Crash Into Me," but he never makes any new songs. The last new son by him that I can remember is "The Space Between" and that song sucks. It is a love/hate thing.

11. not a huge fan of his albums, but i've seem them live twice now and they definitely put on a good show

12. Dave puts on a good show. Every member in his band is talented in their own means and ways, all good musicians.

To each his own who don't like Dave . I personally like him and wouldn't mind going to some more shows in the future, it's been a while.

You have to remember they're a grassroots band their live shows are going to be different (jamming/improv) so if you go see them to hear Crash and The Space Between...just stay home and listen to the albums loud with a subwoofer.

13. Oh, and... call me pretentious and mean (because I suppose that's what I'm being in this case) but, I have an uncontrollable aversion towards bands that upper middle class white women in their forties enjoy getting drunk to. I've seen it too many times, I can't really help it.

14. I don't give a fuck what anyone says. I love Dave. And I find myself to be a pretty good judge of music, since I listen to all of the Jam bands and have a good basis for comparison....

Allman Brothers
    Grateful Dead
    Phish
    The Band
    Jefferson Airplane