Dave Matthews Band

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by u4ia, Sep 13, 2004.

1. Any DMB fans here?

These guys are some of the best live performers ever IMO. Especially Carter Beauford. What I would give to have drum skills like him!

2. yea big fan here. im stuck on gravedigger right now but i will always go back to the classics like crash or sattelite

3. used to be a huge fan, havent heard much from them recently..*note to self check out newer stuff* I lost a lil interest when he went electric and it pissed me off when I saw them and most of the concert was of the backup singers and other vocals..
    either way, here a little story on yer band..http://apnews.excite.com/article/20040826/D84ML5B81.html

4. Ive seen Dave 4 times. He is awsome. All of the members in the band are so talented and they sound great live. Ive got a few bootleg shows, a few with the band and a few with tim rynolds. Dave lets people record his shows then trade them over the internet. I have a copy of the atl show last yr, the show before he made the central park dvd. If your intrested, you should do a yahoo search of itca or imight n help you out. All you have to do with most of them is send them an addressed envelope, postage, and however many blank cds to them and they will burn them and send them back. The whole process takes maybe a week, and everyone ive dealed with was super nice and helpful. They are just tryin to get the music out there and i think this is a great way to do it.

The DMB car was in the Nascar race last sunday, and damn Ken Schrader wrecked it with like 20 laps to go :(

5. love DMB, going to see them in concert for the first time on october 5th in madison. He'll be playing with ben harper, should be a pretty good show :smoking:

6. yeah im all over that crap

7. aaaaaaaaaah thats the vote for change tour! arent there suppose to be other bands as well? OK I did some research :p http://www.moveonpac.org/vfc/schedule.html
    cool! jurrasic 5 too, should be a kickass show :)

8. yea, but my friend told me the tickets were $20, turns out they are $50, hopefully I can get the cash before its sold out... damn, if I would have waited a few days to order my friends new computer I could get the tickets tonight

9. You should check out the Central Park Concert. It only cost me like $20 and it's 3 hours long, with no back up vocals. :)

I also just recently picked up The Gorge which wasn't quite as good as the Central Park Concert but still very good. This one is also just Dave singing.

10. Thanks for the info :)

I might look into that, I have all the official live releases but I wouldn't mind having more. For some reason I just don't get sick of listening to DMB, they are so unique and so talented it blows my mind.

Oh ya and I am damn envious of you for seeing them 4 times in concert. I still haven't had the chance. I live in Maine and the closest they ever come is Mass. Next time they come I am gonna make the trip for sure!

11. im goin to my 3rd dave show in oct 3rd in detroit... im a huge fan, but im actually looking forward to seein ben harper & the innocent criminals since ive never seen em before. dave is a hell of a live show, but nothing compared to phish (pharewell :()

12. the dave matthews band is the greatest band in the world.