Dave Chappelle

Discussion in 'General' started by Griffijuana, Jul 30, 2013.

1. I'm going to the Oddball Comedy $ Curiosity Festival in Detroit, Michigan on September 1st and I couldn't be more excited.

The big attraction for me is Dave Chappelle. I've watched his comedy countless times and is, in my opinion, the greatest stand up comedian of all time. 

Flight of the Conchords will also be there, and I like some of the other acts too, such as Demetri Martin, John Mulaney, Al Madrigal, and Hannibal Burress.

I'm planning on getting blazed before I go to ensure I have one of the most laughter-filled days I'll ever have.

http://www.funnyordie.com/oddball

There's a link in case you're interested in going to a show near you. 

2. not greatest of all time....but he is good.

3. I know im gonna get hate for this but i dont find dave chappelle funny.

4. Hannibel burress is funny as hell though...dmitri martin is not at all

5. -Smh in shame- Haha it's okay we all have different taste I don't find dane cook funny and I get alot of shit for that.

6. Lol i dont either. He just moves around too much and tries way to hard

7. #7 Nugagerube, Jul 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2013
    I like Dane Cook. Only because I like sarcastic humor. Most his material is original, and even the stuff he bites from other comedians, which is something I hate, he puts his own unique Dane Cook spin on. I thought his most recent standup was his least funny though. 

9. I agree, Dave Chappelle is in my opinion the best comedian I've ever heard, I wish I lived in the US so I could get to one of the shows, seems to be so many more comedy clubs there too!

10. not a fan of his stand up, though his sketch comedy is through the roof.

11. I love his stand-up as well as the sketch comedy. I could watch every episode of Chappelle's Show straight through and not stop laughing

12. I love his stand-up as well as the sketch comedy. I could watch every episode of Chappelle's Show straight through and not stop laughing

13. Dane Cook = not funny

Dave Chappelle = one of the greatest

Of course it's all subjective, but c'mon...Chappelle not funny?  :confused:

I grew up on Dave Chappelle's comedy and sketch work, that shit makes me laugh like nothing else 

14. Chappelle is good, but a few of my friends have gone and seen him on his lil comeback hes been doing and they said he was awkward and kinda not funny, all he really did was stand up there and try to just talk to the crowd...thats all ive heard from people going to different shows, but hopefully he's cleaned that up and is good again...

and greatest of all time is George Carlin and its not even close, no other comedian has come out with as much material as him, dude had a new HBO or some other special almost every year, and no one has been as consistent as he was, RIP George

This is what I'd expect.  Still, if the price isn't ridiculous I wouldn't pass up a chance to see him live.

16. he's hilarious. i do agree. i loved him on the eric andre show.

Its in detroit? I might go.

17. Dave Chappelle is damn funny!! Im not racist or any thing but i think black comedians are funny as shit. Don't get me wrong there's funny white comedians but black people kill it for me. Look at all the black comedians in history:
    Bernie Mac
    Cedric The Entainer
    Steve Harvey
    Richard Prior
    Chris Tucker
    Martin Lawrence
    Katt Williams
    Mike Epps

the list goes on but whatever.

18. eddie murphy! how can you forget to add him to the list!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cq8nUyO-0SY&feature=share&list=FLZGHHzYpEeUTLuRZHj728Kg

19. Chappelle is definitely one of my favorite comedians, along with Louis CK.

20. lol you're right i forgot about him and need to watch raw and delirious!!